Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DualSense Help! Virtual controller inconsistancies

Hello

I have a DualSense which when I set the virtual controller as Virtual DS4 it works fine, but I'm trying to play a game that doesnt support PlayStation controllers. As such I cloned my cfg and changed the virtual device to Xbox One controller.

joy.cpl shows Bluetooth XINPUT and reacts when buttons are pressed but the game does not recieve these inputs, with this I tried gamepadviewer.com and that doesnt detect the inputs either.
    If I switch it back to Virtual DS4 it works fine, windows detects, games detect and gamepadviewer.com detects.

I previously used a physical DS4 which worked with both Xbox One and DS4 virtual controllers. I had to replace it as it broken so now I'm at a loss and any help would be appreciated.

System is Windows 11 Pro Build Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

I have already updated ReWASD to latest version and cleared the data in the app.

Please send a screenshot of the full reWASD window with your configuration on it and check how Xbox virtual controller works here.

Comment

Gamepad Tester detects the virtual xbox one controller but registers none of the inputs?
      Attached Files

Comment

Please send me the file with system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers. I
        1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
        2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
        3. Go to File -> Save
        4. Send me the *.nfo file you get

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
          Please send me the file with system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers. I
          1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
          2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
          3. Go to File -> Save
          4. Send me the *.nfo file you get
          Cant attach and nfo

Comment

In this case, I'd suggest checking for any 3rd party drivers vigem and hidguardian bus in the system as those can interfere with reWASD and lead to similar situations if misconfigured.

Comment

In your test you show also some DS4 controller. Game may use it instead of Xbox One.

Comment

In this case, I'd suggest checking for any 3rd party drivers vigem and hidguardian bus in the system as those can interfere with reWASD and lead to similar situations if misconfigured.
                List of system drivers related to HIDs, I dont see anything related to either hidguardian or vigem

hidbth Microsoft Bluetooth HID Miniport
                hidgamemap Game Controller Mapper
                hidi2c Microsoft I2C HID Miniport Driver
                hidspi Microsoft SPI HID Miniport Driver
                hidspicx HidSpi KMDF Class Extension
                hidusb Microsoft HID Class Driver
                usbhub3 SuperSpeed Hub
                usbuhci Microsoft USB Universal Host Controller Miniport Driver
                usbxhci USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller
                vhf Virtual HID Framework (VHF) Driver
                vmbushid VMBusHID
                winusb WinUsb Driver
                xboxgip Xbox Game Input Protocol Driver
                xinputhid XINPUT HID Filter Driver
                xusb22 Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Driver Service 22

​
                Last edited by GotGame; 18.05.2023, 09:28.

Comment

Originally Posted by DevX View Post
                  In your test you show also some DS4 controller. Game may use it instead of Xbox One.
                  Hi, I was showing that the virtual DS4 works fine and the virtual Xbox One does not

Comment

What about Xbox 360 virtual controller? Have you tried to pick this one?

Comment

>Hi, I was showing that the virtual DS4 works fine and the virtual Xbox One does not
                      In this case you have some 3rd party driver indeed. Also make sure Xbox controller support in Steam is disabled, if you have it.

Comment

What about Xbox 360 virtual controller? Have you tried to pick this one?
                        Yes its the same, the virtual XINPUTs only register in joy.cpl nowhere else

Comment

If it works in joy.cpl then it means reWASD is working properly, but you have something else in your system blocking Xinput.

Comment

Working...
                          X