Xbox elite 2 stops responding in all games whenever I rebind something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox elite 2 stops responding in all games whenever I rebind something

I'm trying to bind RT to one set of paddles and B to the other, because my windows store install is screwed up and won't let me use the xbox accessories app. But then the entire controller stops working in all games. I have to remove the rewasd virtual input device, remove the service for it, and stop rewasd opening on startup to stop it happening. I'm sure I've bound stuff before with no issues. Atm I'm just plugging the sensor into another pc and binding it with the xbox app but that's not really a permanent solution.

It doesn't matter what PC is used to unmap paddles in the Xbox Accessories app.
    Just unmap them once on every profile, and then you should be able to remap them in reWASD.

Remapping paddles to controller buttons would trigger the creation of a virtual controller.
    Make sure to use the one your game supports or remap paddles via [Native Mappings].

Comment

I just unticked "hide physical controller when virtual one is created" and it seemed to fix everything. Is this method not as good as the one you described? And does your method require purchasing more than the basic license?

Comment

The option you disabled keeps the physical controller visible to the system after the config is applied. In this case, games will use your physical controller instead of the virtual one, so paddles will act in the way you set them in Xbox Accessories app, and all mappings set in reWASD will be ignored.

Native mapping function requires the Advanced Mapping feature to work.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          The option you disabled keeps the physical controller visible to the system after the config is applied. In this case, games will use your physical controller instead of the virtual one, so paddles will act in the way you set them in Xbox Accessories app, and all mappings set in reWASD will be ignored.

Native mapping function requires the Advanced Mapping feature to work.
          I me missing the advanced mapping feature the reason that I have issues with the controller in games when attempting to map buttons? Will I have this issue if I buy the advanced mapping feature?

Comment

Upgrading your license with the [Advanced Mapping] feature will unlock the [Native Mappings] function.

As long as you have all paddles unmapped on every profile of your controller in Xbox Accessories Apps and apply the config before starting the game while using a virtual controller supported by the game, there should be no issues with no regard to the status of the Advanced Mapping feature. Having it would allow you to avoid using the virtual controller if you are going to remap the paddles to controller buttons.

Comment

Working...
            X