Custom config not being detected for new sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom config not being detected for new sessions

I am using reWASD with my Xbox Elite 2 controller, wirelessly. I have 1 custom config that is mapped to slot 1 of the Elite 2. There are remapped buttons in this config.

My controller automatically disconnects after play sessions, as expected, but when I start my next session and turn it on, the config on slot 1 does NOT work. COD MW2 says that a controller was not detected and forces me to switch to keyboard and mouse. However, if I press and change slots on my controller, the game immediately detects them. Just slot 1 with my config is not allowed as a controller.

At this time, I cannot find a predictable way to get it back to work. Sometimes a game restart is what it takes. Sometimes, it takes a quit and restart on reWASD.

Any ideas on what I could try here? I went through some docs and went over the virtual controller settings but that did not seem to help much.

Changing or reconnecting a virtual controller mid-game might require a restart of the said game. Unfortunately, there is no workaround for that.
    Make sure to use the same virtual controller in all slots and apply the config before starting the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Changing or reconnecting a virtual controller mid-game might require a restart of the said game. Unfortunately, there is no workaround for that.
      Make sure to use the same virtual controller in all slots and apply the config before starting the game.
      Sorry for not being clear. I am not reconnecting the virtual controller mid-game. I am starting a new session where the controller is off and the game is not running. The normal sequence where I regularly see this.

- Playing game with custom config in slot 1.
      - Quit game and the controller automatically turns off in 10 or so minutes.
      - Come back after an hour or later in the day.
      - Turn the controller on. It is still in slot 1.
      - Wait for 5-10 seconds.
      - Start Call of Duty: MW2.

Game says, "switch to Keyboard and Mouse", If I hit the change slot button to slot 2, 3, 4 (all of which are default with unmapped custom keys/paddles) the game likes it and lets me use the controller. Go back to slot 1 and the "switch to Keyboard and Mouse" message pops up again. This happens a few times and sometimes even restarting the game does not fix this right away.

Comment

Do you have the [Leave Virtual controller connected when the physical device disconnects] option enabled at [Preferences > General]?

Comment

Do you have the [Leave Virtual controller connected when the physical device disconnects] option enabled at [Preferences > General]?
          Negative. That option is currently unchecked.

Comment

With this option disabled, an applied config will be removed once the controller is disconnected or turned off.

I suggest enabling this option and checking if that would resolve your issue.

Comment

With this option disabled, an applied config will be removed once the controller is disconnected or turned off.

I suggest enabling this option and checking if that would resolve your issue.
              That seems to have helped. Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
              X