Can't open the app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't open the app

Software works fine when i bought 2 years ago.
    Today i migrate may whole mechanical disk into a new branded nvme

Now the app is opening, but when i click on open programs seems to be disabled

I do the -tracetext .lnk stuff and this is what i gather on the logs

reWASD: 12:26:14:231 TryCloseWaitDialog
    reWASD: 12:26:14:231 Existing wait dialog count: 1
    reWASD: 12:26:14:240 BinDataSerialize.LoadGamepadsSlotHotkeyCollection
    reWASD: 12:26:14:933 Checking license failed: lcrTrialExpired

when i tried to uninstall the software with the built in uninstaller wont open and wont works...
    i tried uninstalling this software with 3rd party apps, and deleting each rewasd key on regedit on my system
    and restarting.

but if i reinstall the program error keeps being the same, and in the end i can't use it... and i can't activate it
    because software doesn't let me, closes before i can do anything.

i tried contact rewasd people on facebook, but there's not much help over there, just keep posting the
    faqs that i can read on the website, and even if i provide, logs, videos, and details to troubleshoot is not working.
    this is frusrtrating because i can't use my elite series 2 controller, since windows have the firmware brick with accesories app
    and rewasd is the only way to use paddles.​

The answers on FB may seem formulaic to you, because most likely the problem is really related to a lack of access or other problems on your system.
    As far as I understand, you have already sent the requested logs via FB.

If this is the case, then I recommend waiting for a response from the support team via FB.​

Comment

there's not much help over there, i need for real help

uninstaller won't work
      customize the installation wont work
      remove the lic file won't work

i think i already tried everything and can't get the program let me use my license...

Comment

Our troubleshooting methods are no different on the forum and FB.
        Please wait for the log analysis results.​

Comment

additionally i can gather this log on windows event viewer.
          this happen when try to run uninstaller:

Attached Files

Comment

Sometimes a color profile assigned to your display(s) can be corrupted and cause .NET to crash and stop anything from working. Please try temporarily changing the Device profile and Viewing conditions profile options to use System default from the dropdown list in Color Management → Advanced → Windows Color System Defaults and try launching reWASD uninstaller again.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	420
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	237776​​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
              Sometimes a color profile assigned to your display(s) can be corrupted and cause .NET to crash and stop anything from working. Please try temporarily changing the Device profile and Viewing conditions profile options to use System default from the dropdown list in Color Management → Advanced → Windows Color System Defaults and try launching reWASD uninstaller again.

Views:	420
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	237776​​
              i tried right now, but nothing changes.
              in fact i think is related with my main issue, when i click on " i already have a key" and app closes
              i already tried use net framework repair tool , but its weird, also ive tried uninstall other programs and apps, there's no problem, the issue is only with rewasd environment related.

Comment

Could you send us all the events related to reWASD errors?
                1. Press the Windows button, type [Event Viewer], and press Enter.
                2. Choose [Windows Logs] in the upper left corner, then choose [Application].
                3. Check out the panel on the right side: there's a [Find] option. Click it, and type "reWASD" to search for related errors.
                4. Once you find one or multiple events, please right-click and "Save selected events..." on every one of them, and send these files to me.​

Comment

Could you send us all the events related to reWASD errors?
                  1. Press the Windows button, type [Event Viewer], and press Enter.
                  2. Choose [Windows Logs] in the upper left corner, then choose [Application].
                  3. Check out the panel on the right side: there's a [Find] option. Click it, and type "reWASD" to search for related errors.
                  4. Once you find one or multiple events, please right-click and "Save selected events..." on every one of them, and send these files to me.​
                  ok attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the logs provided.
                    Before our development team explores them in more detail, I would recommend trying the basic troubleshooting tips from these articles:
                    Method #1
                    Method #2

Comment

Thanks for all the logs provided.
                      Before our development team explores them in more detail, I would recommend trying the basic troubleshooting tips from these articles:
                      Method #1
                      Method #2
                      i tried,'even i run a virtual box machine with my exact windows version and replace kernelbase also, and uninstall won't work, also the button i have my own license neither
                      sfc scannow and dsim restore healt completed but there's nothing change

Comment

Then you should wait while our team processes the logs.

Comment

Hi. The development team reviewed your logs, and the problem is probably an invalid monitor color profile.

Try setting System default.

Views:	411
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	237802

Also, you should have empty Profiles associated with this device.​

Views:	409
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	237803

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
                            Hi. The development team reviewed your logs, and the problem is probably an invalid monitor color profile.

Try setting System default.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	21.1 KB ID:	237802

Also, you should have empty Profiles associated with this device.​

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	188.0 KB ID:	237803

Views:	455
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	237812​already did, after reboot, nothinh changes i keep having same issue

Comment

i tried suggested above but won't work, any other idea to fix this please?

Comment

Working...
                              X