Azeron remap disables device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azeron remap disables device

Hi! I've recently purchased a second hand Azeron Cyborg and am having issues getting remapping to work.

I first was unable to get the device to be recognized by Azeron's software and their suggested fixes (clean installs) failed, which is what lead me to try this software.

Rewasd recognizes the device and default keybinds work correctly, however, when I apply the remap, it simply disables the device. Looking at the joy.cpl, the device is recognized as 2 entries of "Azeron Keypad - DirectInput" but when remap is applied, these entries disappear.

Device Manager recognizes the device as "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" and the entry does NOT disappear when remap is applied.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, as I am out of troubleshooting options.

reWASD works with Azeron devices in exclusive mode, meaning that once it is selected in the GUI or when a config is applied to it - nothing but reWASD can see and use the device.

If you are remapping your Azeron device to keyboard and mouse inputs - not having any controllers in [joy.cpl] after a config is applied is normal.

If you want to use it as a controller, make sure to remap it to a virtual one.

Comment

Thank you for your response, Shion, that helps me understand how the software operates a little better.

The problem still persists that once the remap is applied, the Azeron stops responding; none of my keys work at all.

Is there something that I might be doing wrong in the setup? Is there a way I can troubleshoot what is causing this issue?

Comment

Hi. Please ensure you have installed the latest Azeron software and hardware versions.

Comment

Yep, both are current versions; v78 Cyborg firmware and v1.2.6 BETA​ software. I have done the clean install procedure multiple times.

Comment

Please send us a screenshot of the full reWASD window with your mappings.

Also, send us the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
            We need the correspondent *.rewasd file.​

Comment

Thank you for your help guys, I really appreciate your time:

My mappings are literally all inputs changed to "1" just as a test until I can get the device working (attached just in case it's relevant).

Config is default (also attached). The only change I've made is the general setting "hook controller buttons" set to "off" as per Azeron's guide.
              Attached Files

Comment

You sent a screenshot of an incomplete window; please send us a screenshot of the full reWASD window.

Comment

Apologies!
                  Attached Files

Comment

We would appreciate it if you provide us with the log files:
                    1. Run reWASD as Administrator.
                    2. Open 'Preferences > General', and select 'Standard logging' with 'Service/Driver logs' only.
                    3. Click the 'Start log' button and leave 'Preferences'.
                    4. Apply the config and press some buttons.
                    5. Go to 'Preferences > General' again and click the 'Stop log' button.
                    6. In the message that will appear, click 'Open file location', find the archive that was created last, and send it to us.
                    7. If you have accidentally closed the message, you can still find the archive in the C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs folder.

Comment

Thank you
                      Attached Files

Comment

Please let me know what port you use to connect Azeron to PC. I suppose that you have connected using USB 3.0. Try to connect Azeron using other USB ports and check if such behavior persists..

Comment

Yes you are correct. I have been using USB 3.0 since I was having a strange interference issue with my Logitech headphones when they were both on USB 2.0, but I can swap those without issue.

The behavior still persists. I have tried every port with all other devices disconnected except the Azeron; the device works on all of them, until I turn remap on.

I will attach a log file following the above steps using the 2.0 port.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I need to ask to collect you a little big other log files
                            Please do the following:
                            1. Unplug/disconnect all physical controllers and their adapters, if present.
                            2. Run reWASD as Administrator.
                            3. Open 'Preferences > General', select 'Standard logging' with 'Service/Driver logs' only.
                            4. Click 'Start log' button and leave 'Preferences'.
                            5. Connect your Azeron and wait a few seconds until it appears as a new device at the bottom left corner of the app. Then, necessary to press any keys on your Azeron. (It will help us to see if reWASD sees Azeron input)
                            6. Go to 'Preferences > General' again and click 'Stop log' button.
                            7. In the message that will appear, click 'Open file location', find the archive that was created last, and send it to us.
                            If you have accidentally closed the message, you can still find the archive at C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs folder.

Please do this action using ports 2.0 and 3.0 as well . Do not forget to indicate from which port the log files were collected to avoid incorrect conclusions.

Comment

In addition, please specify the motherboard of your PC

Comment

Working...
                              X