Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controls disabled in game when REWASD is active?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controls disabled in game when REWASD is active?

So I just got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to play with in Star Citizen.
    I just want a simple back button re-map to the keyboard so I can strafe the ship left and right with the back buttons - while using all my current in-game controller settings.

However, when I enable REWASD all my other controller settings are disabled except for the back buttons, and when I turn REWASD off I get all the controls back except for the back buttons.

I'm probably just not understanding something, but is there a way to enable REWASD for my back buttons and leave everything else on the controller alone so it works like normal with the in-game control settings I already have for my controller?

I tried playing with the mute function (see attachment) - but I think I'm probably just not understanding something or this is not the correct way to do what I want.

Can somebody explain what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Unfortunately, your screenshot is too small to say what your issue is.

But it looks like you have muted all buttons, which is why they don't work. Click the [Magic Wand] and uncheck the [Mute all] option. Just in case, uncheck any other option that might be enabled in that menu.

Comment

Yeah in the pic I was trying to mute all to see if I could regain controller function while REWASD was active.

Is there a way to disable REWASD having an effect on all my controller buttons except the back buttons (so I can continue to use my in-game control map with REWASD active?

Prior to this, I tried setting everything to the default (so A as A, Thumb sticks as Thumb etc) but that just had the same effect in-game where nothing worked except the back buttons when active.

Comment

Creating a new config and remapping your paddles to keyboard keys should be enough.
        If you want to remap them or any other button to another controller button, use the [Native mapping] instead.

Comment

I tried setting it to a virtual Xbox One controller with the magic wand option (with the back buttons mapped to keyboard functions too) but still, no inputs registered in-game while active (only the back buttons that I have mapped to the keyboard).

If I press the profile button on the Xbox controller itself (to switch to another unsassigned slot) I get control back - but then no back buttons obviously.

Comment

Please follow the steps in my previous message.

Comment

Thanks. I just noticed it's a Star Citizen issue. It works fine on Microsoft Flight Sim.
              It's probably something to do with the way the game itself assigns the controls. I'll dig around on the Star Citizen forums for any game-specific fixes.

Thanks for your help though!

Comment

You could try using one of the configs from our Community page. Maybe that would give you an idea of what might be wrong.

Comment

That's a good idea, I'll take a look thanks.

Comment

UPDATE:

For anyone having a similar issue with Star Citizen. I found that if you enable ReWASD after the game has launched it doesn't register control inputs correctly - you have to enable ReWASD before you launch the game.

Unfortunately, it means if you change to another slot during gameplay (Xbox Elite 2 controller) it causes the controller to become unrecognised somehow (some buttons work but not all) and you have to close the game and restart ReWASD to regain control.

I suspect Star Citizen is conflicting with ReWASD somehow if it's enabled and disabled during gameplay. I haven't found a work around yet, but if anyone knows how please let me know, thanks.

Comment

your image is quite small so i can help you if you read my comment please contact me so i can help you : romskostenlos

Comment

Thanks. The problem lies with Star Citizen, I've now realized. The Microsoft Flight Simulator version is compatible. basketball stars
                        Most likely, this is related to how the game is set up in terms of button assignments. I plan to search the Star Citizen message boards for in-game solutions.​
                        Last edited by cuhnkedrik; 05.10.2023, 08:49.

Comment

Originally Posted by Caesarsaurus View Post
                          So I just got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to play with in Star Citizen.
                          I just want a simple back button re-map to the keyboard so I can strafe the ship left and right with the back buttons - while using all my current in-game controller settings.

However, when I enable REWASD all my other controller settings are disabled except for the back buttons, and when I turn REWASD off I get all the controls back except for the back buttons.

I'm probably just not understanding something, but is there a way to enable REWASD for my back buttons and leave everything else on the controller alone so it works like normal with the in-game control settings I already have for my controller? retro bowl

I tried playing with the mute function (see attachment) - but I think I'm probably just not understanding something or this is not the correct way to do what I want.

Can somebody explain what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
                          Certainly! It seems like you're trying to have the best of both worlds, using REWASD for back button mapping while retaining the default game settings for the other buttons. Here's what you might try:
                          1. Profile Creation: Ensure you're creating a new profile for Star Citizen in REWASD, rather than editing a default one. This way, you can customize it from scratch.
                          2. Leave Other Buttons As Is: When you're in REWASD, after you map the back buttons to your keyboard keys for strafing, make sure you leave all the other buttons on the controller unmapped or set to their default controller functions. This way, REWASD won't interfere with the default game controls.
                          3. Check Game Settings: Sometimes, games can have issues when third-party software, like REWASD, sends inputs. Ensure that Star Citizen is set to recognize both gamepad and keyboard inputs simultaneously.
                          4. Update Software & Drivers: Ensure that both your REWASD software and your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller drivers are updated to their latest versions. Sometimes, conflicts arise from outdated software.
                          5. Start REWASD before Star Citizen: When you're about to play the game, ensure REWASD is running and your profile is active before you launch Star Citizen.
                          6. Mute Function: The mute function in REWASD is meant to stop the software from remapping buttons. If you've set up the back buttons correctly and left the other buttons on their default settings, you shouldn't need to mute anything.

If, after trying these steps, you still face issues, it might be worth reaching out to REWASD's support or forums. The community or the developers might have specific insights or workarounds for games like Star Citizen.

Comment

Working...
                          X