REWASD causing Valorant VAN 1067 errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REWASD causing Valorant VAN 1067 errors

Hello, I have been having this issue since the last REWASD update, Valorant VAN 1067 (Vanguard AntiCheat). First I wasn't sure what was causing it, after a week of back and forth troubleshooting with valorant support we came to the conclusion a system reset was the last resort. After resetting and reinstalling all my games and software valorant had no issues. This includes REWASD being installed but no devices initialised. As soon as I paired my PS5 controller via Bluetooth and REWASD creates the virtual device the Valorant VAN 1067 error came back. It does not matter if the controller is on or off ( I don't use controller to play valorant ) just that the device was initialised by REWASD. If I use a different controller (not as good) mapping software the issue is not present. I have forwarded this information to Valorant support to see if it's something they can whitelist but It could be something in a recent REWASD update as this was not an issue before that. If you have any troubleshooting you'd like me to do or logs you'd like let me know.

Hey there!

Could you please send us a screenshot of your issue?

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
      Hey there!

Could you please send us a screenshot of your issue?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2023-07-30_125424730.png
Views:	371
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	238610
      Not sure a screenshot would help. It's just a valorant error with VAN 1067 which basically means something is interfering with the vanguard anti cheat. Just to clarify, if I have REWASD installed without having my controller paired via bluetooth, no error. If I pair my controller via bluetooth, no error. If I pair my controller AND REWASD creates the virtual controller, then the error pops up.
      Attached Files

Comment

Could you please check if this error occurs on a previous reWASD version? You can download the previous version of reWASD in your personal account.

Also, please specify which version of reWASD you currently have installed.

Name:	image.png
Views:	357
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	238612

Comment

Could you please check if this error occurs on a previous reWASD version? You can download the previous version of reWASD in your personal account.

Sorry, I was using 6.6.0. I am now trying 6.5.1 as you've asked, will update if the error occurs with this version.

Comment

Hello, quick update. The issue does not appear when using 6.5.1, only 6.6.0.

Comment

In 3rd post you've mentioned "virtual controller", but as far as I remember, Valorant does not support controllers and none of our configs use it for this game. What made you "create" one?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                In 3rd post you've mentioned "virtual controller", but as far as I remember, Valorant does not support controllers and none of our configs use it for this game. What made you "create" one?
                In my first post I said I don't use a controller for valorant. It does not matter if the controller is on/off, profile selected or not, rewasd turned on/off. If it's paired via Bluetooth and rewasd has initialised it for use in any game, the error occurs. Not with 6.5.1, only 6.6.0.

Comment

reWASD doesn't "initialize" DualSense controllers in any way. The way we hide the physical devices might be involved, but I don't have any information related to any changes in that mechanism between 6.5.1 and 6.6.0.

Please send us (to me via PM here or to help@rewasd.com) the file with the system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps, and drivers. It will help us recreate the same conditions and reproduce the issue from our side.
                  1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search.
                  2. Press Enter to open the System Information tool.
                  3. Go to File -> Save.
                  4. Send me the NFO file you get​.

Comment

reWASD doesn't "initialize" DualSense controllers in any way. The way we hide the physical devices might be involved, but I don't have any information related to any changes in that mechanism between 6.5.1 and 6.6.0.

Please send us (to me via PM here or to help@rewasd.com) the file with the system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps, and drivers. It will help us recreate the same conditions and reproduce the issue from our side.
                    1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search.
                    2. Press Enter to open the System Information tool.
                    3. Go to File -> Save.
                    4. Send me the NFO file you get​.
                    Sorry I don't know how it works... initialize sounds better than "when it does it's thing ma bob"... xD will pm you now.

Comment

couldn't pm .nfo file so it's send via email.

Comment

Thank you. We'll check that with the team and will get back to you.

Comment

I just checked the NFO file on my own and found that you have DualSenseX installed along with reWASD.
                          Technically, that is another remapper, and it is not recommended to use more than one remapper on a system.

The NFO also showed a lot of app crashes, mostly of Explorer, but also of the VGC (Riot Vanguard process). I personally would suggest collecting those VGC crash reports from the Windows Event Viewer and passing those to Valorant developers if you haven't already since these crashes are probably the reason for the "Connection error" you are having.

The team will look at the NFO on Monday, so we might have more to say about this then.

Comment

I just checked the NFO file on my own and found that you have DualSenseX installed along with reWASD.
                            Technically, that is another remapper, and it is not recommended to use more than one remapper on a system.

The NFO also showed a lot of app crashes, mostly of Explorer, but also of the VGC (Riot Vanguard process). I personally would suggest collecting those VGC crash reports from the Windows Event Viewer and passing those to Valorant developers if you haven't already since these crashes are probably the reason for the "Connection error" you are having.

The team will look at the NFO on Monday, so we might have more to say about this then.
                            I installed DualSenseX to test if the error happens with any other remapper, it didn't. The error was happening before any other remapper was installed.
                            The explorer crashes are not related, they are because of a preview build of explorerpatcher.
                            The VGC crash reports have been passed on but they said those are generic force service stop reports, happens anytime a VAN error occurs but doesn't give any information on the cause.
                            Look forward to hearing more on Monday, at least 6.5.1 works so I'm happy I can still use rewasd

Comment

Working...
                            X