Remove Virtual Controller from Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Virtual Controller from Profile

Been at it for a while (including Google) and can't seem to do it. One of my profiles is set to create a virtual device when activated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	340
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	238645

I don't need that to happen, but can't see to stop it or remove it. If I create a second game pad I get a delete option, but can't delete the first one.

Views:	286
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	238646

And while I can change which kind of virtual controller to emulate, I can't seem to stop it all together.

Views:	294
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	238647

And finally, other profiles for the game don't create a virtual controller... but once added I also seem likewise unable to remove.

Appreciate any help here- think I've clicked darn near every icon and submenu and still can't seem to remove the virtual controller once it is create in a profile. Thanks!

Hey there!

Could you please specify which devices you have connected to the PC? Perhaps you are using Xbox360 emulation in some third-party software?

Also, please clarify, do these extra virtual controllers appear in the list every time you apply the config?

Comment

Hey!

For troubleshooting purposes, I have everything buy my mouse and keyboard unplugged.

Views:	302
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	238652

Views:	284
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	238653​​

Nothing connected to the rewasd junior, and the extra keyboard appears to be a virtual logitech keyboard which isn't doing anything!

The extra virtual controller always appears when the profile is selected and when the config is applied. It only does this when it is a profile where a virtual controller was created at some point- other profiles where I have not yet created a virtual controller (even within the same game) have no issue.

Views:	272
Size:	523.1 KB
ID:	238654

Basically once the virtual controller gets added to a profile it seems it is stuck there forever. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Perhaps you are using Xbox360 emulation in some third-party software?

​You can try right-click on them and select "Do not show in reWASD"

Also, please try clearing the data.
        Go to Preferences → General → Clear data. Confirm the action and wait until the GUI restarts.

Restart reWASD, and let us know the result.

Comment

Thanks- unfortunately no change after doing those. There is no third party stuff going on, just REWASD creating a virtual controller. Game controllers are only detected when a the virtual controller is lit up.

Views:	282
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	238668

This is also made clear because I use app detection. When I have the app in focus, I hear the immediate "beep" as REWASD spins up the virtual controller. As soon as I leave the focus window, I hear the removed device beep. As far as i can tell the only problem here is that you can't stop REWASD from spinning up a virtual controller once you have created one for a profile (there is no way to remove the virtual controller icon from the bottom there, so it will always create a virtual controller whenever the profile is activated).

Comment

UPDATE: Got it fixed by manually updating the profile in notepad and changing virtual controller detection from true to false.

Glad I figured it out, but definitely not something your average user would think to do.​

Comment

Glad the issue has been resolved.
              If you have any further questions, we are always happy to help.​

Comment

Working...
              X