Virtual Controller gyro is clunky, slow and gets "stuck"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Controller gyro is clunky, slow and gets "stuck"

Hi! I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I'm trying to use a Steam Controller as a Virtual controller with gyro (tried with Virtual DS4 and Virtual Pro Controller) for motion in Yuzu, and the movement feels very clunky, slow and sometimes it kinda gets stuck. I tried a DS4 and a Pro Controller natively and they work perfectly, for example in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I can consistently maneuver the wheel with motion controls. But if I try Steam Controller as either Virtual DS4 or Pro Controller the motion is slow and while maneuvering sometimes the direction gets stuck.

Is this normal or there a way to improve this? I tried the Gyro advanced settings but I'm having a hard time making this work well.
    Attached Files

Hey there!

You can try to turn off controller support in the Steam controller settings, and ensure that there are no third-party software or remap programs on your PC.

Also, perhaps recalibrating your gyroscope can help.

You can learn more about the gyroscope remap in this article.

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
      Hey there!

You can try to turn off controller support in the Steam controller settings, and ensure that there are no third-party software or remap programs on your PC.

Also, perhaps recalibrating your gyroscope can help.

You can learn more about the gyroscope remap in this article.
      I tried following the gyroscope guide but ​the thing is the left side of the settings, which is where Response sensitivity can be changed, is only active if you are remapping gyro to another input (like right stick or mouse), but I don't want to remap it to something else, just use it as gyro itself. So, without being able to change that setting, the gyro feels slow and not quite right. As I mentioned, other controllers with gyro that are natively detected by Yuzu do work perfectly, only the Steam Controller which is using Virtual DS4 doesn't work that well with the gyro.
      I tested native Steam Controller with no Virtual Controller (on Steam) and gyro works perfectly.

This part of the gyro Advanced Settings is greyed out unless the inputs are being mapped to something else:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	615.0 KB ID:	238795
      Last edited by HellboundHero; 15.08.2023, 18:05.

Comment

Unfortunately, at the moment, we can only advise you to try recalibrating your gyro.

Also, you can try again after the update, which will be released in the near future.​

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
          Unfortunately, at the moment, we can only advise you to try recalibrating your gyro.

Also, you can try again after the update, which will be released in the near future.​
          I see. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X