Mouse cursor moving while mouse is muted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse cursor moving while mouse is muted

My mouse cursor still moves and is interrupting my gameplay when it is muted, it happens at all dpi's from high to low.

https://streamable.com/6hsz84 Here is a video example of the cursor moving while muted. Config is also attached
    Attached Files

Are you remapping the correct mouse? You can verify that with device detection mode.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Are you remapping the correct mouse? You can verify that with device detection mode.
      yes the correct mouse is mapped, it moves the stick in game but mouse inputs are still leaking through. issue happens on all of my mice as well

Comment

I noticed that the mouse stopped there for a moment, and its sensitivity changed after the config was applied. This makes me think of two possibilities:
        1. One of your mice acts as two devices (might happen with mice that can work in both wired and wireless modes): and while one is muted, another one is moving the pointer.
        2. The Steam`s desktop config is enabled and moves the mouse pointer with the stick of our virtual controller.
        I'd suggest leaving only one mouse and keyboard connected at a time to test if reWASD can mute them properly. Make sure to have Steam closed during the tests.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          I noticed that the mouse stopped there for a moment, and its sensitivity changed after the config was applied. This makes me think of two possibilities:
          1. One of your mice acts as two devices (might happen with mice that can work in both wired and wireless modes): and while one is muted, another one is moving the pointer.
          2. The Steam`s desktop config is enabled and moves the mouse pointer with the stick of our virtual controller.
          I'd suggest leaving only one mouse and keyboard connected at a time to test if reWASD can mute them properly. Make sure to have Steam closed during the tests.
          I turned my steam off and it works as intended thank you very much, what confuses me is that my steam config does not interact with the stick the mouse is bound to, or any bind for that matter.

Comment

do you know of a way to get around steam letting mouse inputs go through?

Comment

Hi. Try disabling controller support in the Steam controller settings.

Comment

Working...
              X