[PS3 Controller] Odd Bluetooth drifting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PS3 Controller] Odd Bluetooth drifting issue

Hello, I've been using Rewasd for a few months now and it's always delivered! However, recently I've installed a TP-Link UB500 adapter and since then I've been experiencing an odd drifting issue with my controller when using it on bluetooth. While playing a game with my PS3 controller on Bluetooth, for some reason the controller just starts drifting and becomes unresponsive to other buttons too (or runs them very slowly).

A few observations I've made:
    - This appears to only occur when I'm not using it wired.
    - It works fine for a good while and then randomly just starts drifting

Therefore, I would like to ask, are there any way I can potentially troubleshoot this issue? Or maybe further diagnose it? I've tried looking through the troubleshooting FAQ but nothing seems to match my situation.

I would really appreciate any help, thank you in advance!

This sounds like a connection issue. Most likely due to the new adapter. Please ensure that the line of sight between the adapter and your controller is never blocked by anything. And disable any wireless devices using WiFi or Bluetooth connection nearby.

The PS3 controller is old and might not work properly with new Bluetooth adapters. So using the old adapter might be a better idea for this specific controller.

Comment

Hello, thank you for your answer! I do keep the adapter behind the PC so it isn't visible but I'll move it in front of the PC and I'll let you know the results by today!

Thank you

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
        This sounds like a connection issue. Most likely due to the new adapter. Please ensure that the line of sight between the adapter and your controller is never blocked by anything. And disable any wireless devices using WiFi or Bluetooth connection nearby.

The PS3 controller is old and might not work properly with new Bluetooth adapters. So using the old adapter might be a better idea for this specific controller.
        Sorry I'm still in the process of testing it out! Regarding Bluetooth adapters, since the PS3 controller is old, what Bluetooth version (adapter) would you recommend? - Since Bluetooth 5 is backward compatible with older version of Bluetooth I assumed it would work fine.

Comment

Hi. Unfortunately, we cannot recommend a specific model for you, but Broadcom-based adapters should be the best.

Comment

Hello, thank you for your suggestion! Moving my adapter to the front of my PC solved the problem! No more issues!

Have a nice day!

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
              Hi. Unfortunately, we cannot recommend a specific model for you, but Broadcom-based adapters should be the best.
              Hello, thank you for the suggestion! I think mines is Realtek based but it's working fine at the moment!

Comment

Glad to know.
                Should you have any other questions or require further assistance, please let us know.

Comment

Working...
                X