Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMX Firmware Failing To Install

Hi,

I am trying to flash a DIY GIMX with the reWASD firmware. I was able to manually flash it, however, reWASD does not pick up the device. After countless attempts of attempting to flash it (seeing the Firmware update failed error message) through the wizard I am reaching out for help. I`ve attached the hardware logs.

Here is my GIMX setup:

- Arduino Leonardo
    - USB to UART

Drivers for both are installed followed the guide for setting it up here: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter. I think the nuance with the Leonardo vs the Teensy is that to flash the firmware I have to click the reset button twice to kick the device into bootloader.

I`ve tried multiple ways of connect the USB to UART chip first to my PC and then Arduino Leonardo (vice versa). Clicking the reset button twice. I am able to see in logs that the firmware is flashed on my chip twice but it still kicks me to the Firmware Update failed screen in the wizard.

Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files

Hey there!

Could you try again to manually reinstall the firmware using these steps?

1. Install the official GIMX software
    2. Copy reWASD firmware to C:\Program Files\GIMX\firmware\
    3. Launch gimx-loader.exe from C:\Program Files\GIMX\
    4. Choose reWASD firmware from the list, and update your GIMX firmware

Check this article for details: https://help.rewasd.com/external-devices/gimx.html

Comment

Hey I’ve done this and my adapter gets flashed successfully when doing it manually. However the wizard still tries to reflash my GIMX because it detects it doesn’t have the correct firmware.

Comment

Try resetting the Adapter (perform the quick closure of RST and GND power pins twice).

Comment

Hi, just tried that with no success. I`ll add for me to flash using the manual method I have to click the reset button twice.But when doing it in the wizard it immediately kicks me to the firmware update failed screen.

Comment

Hi was able to fix the issue. I manually flashed the firmware and in the wizard all I did was plug the USB UART side back in and out for both steps

Comment

Glad to know the issue has been resolved.
              Should you have any other questions or require further assistance, please let us know.

Comment

Working...
              X