Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMX Virtual Controller

Hi,

I have setup a GIMX adapter on reWASD to go from one computer to another computer (I know weird but this is my use case). Currently I am emulating the DS4 virtual controller.

When I connect the controller to my target PC I am not able to play MW2 on BattleNet out of the box. With my actual DS4 controller you are only able to play MW2 out of the box wired. The only way to get it working with my GIMX adapter is by using DS4 Windows on my target pc. Is the Virtual Controller being emulated as a Bluetooth device. Is there a way to emulate it as wired so I don’t need to use DS4Windows.

I can also switch to Virtual XBOX 360 and use it out of the box on MW2; however, my config just doesn’t feel the same when emulating this controller.

Hey there!

This is a game-side issue; it probably does not work correctly with different revisions of DS4.

If you don't need the gyroscope and touchpad on the emulated device, you can change the virtual controller type on Xbox, which will fix this issue.

If you need the DS4 specifically, please try installing reWASD on your second PC to get a virtual controller for your game.
    You can try using the trial version to check everything if you haven't used it on your second PC before.​​

Comment

rajpatel32

1. Did you enable the Authorize with the gamepad option when choosing an adapter through the reWASD Wizard when creating an external virtual controller?
      2. Also collect Service/Driver logs by following these steps.
      And the Engine logs for these steps:

1. Exit reWASD from tray agent

2. Download and start this registry-file to enable reWASD logging: http://files.disc-soft.com/filer/shared/1641592922/716/

3. Open reWASD again

4. Wait a bit while it tries to initialize the devices and your license info

5. Exit reWASD from the tray agent again

6. Open File explorer, go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs folder and send us its contents ('reWASD engine TextTrace' text file would be the most important)

7. Download and start this registry-file to stop reWASD from logging: http://files.disc-soft.com/filer/shared/1641592922/715/

Please send us the collected logs.​

Comment

How is your virtual controller shown on your target PC when you run joy.cpl?

Comment

Hey I gave up on GIMX and decided to use the ESP32-S2. Great job on this BTW much easier to setup. But I am still running into the same issue from above.

1. When the target PC is selected as Playstation 4 the virtual controller is shown as Revolution Pro Controller.

2. When the target PC is selected as Another target device with usb it is shown as Wireless controller, but still not able to get it to detect on MW2.

3. When I use reWASD ON my target PC the controller shows as Wireless controller and I am able to use it on MW2.

4. When I use a PS4 controller wired on my target PC then I am able to use it on MW2.

5. When I use a PS4 controller bluetooth on my target PC then I am NOT able to use it on my MW2.

The only way for MW2 to detect my controller for 1, 2, and 5 is downloading DS4 which is not something I want to do. I know there's not anything you can do for 5, but let me know if there is something we can do for 1 & 2 since 3 works out of the box.​

Comment

I assume that the log files are still needed. Please collect Service/Driver logs by following these steps.
            And the Engine logs for these steps:

1. Exit reWASD from tray agent

2. Download and start this registry-file to enable reWASD logging.

3. Open reWASD again

4. Wait a bit while it tries to initialize the devices and your license info

5. Exit reWASD from the tray agent again

6. Open File explorer, go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs folder and send us its contents ('reWASD engine TextTrace' text file would be the most important)

7. Download and start this registry-file to stop reWASD from logging.

Please send us the collected logs.​​

Comment

Here is a link to my logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dm9...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Unless I missed them, there are no Service/Driver logs​
                Service/Driver logs​ are required too. Please collect following these steps.

Comment

rajpatel32 In order for the external virtual controller to be detected correctly by games on the target PC, do not enable this checkbox when creating this reWASD controller:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	313
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	238919

P.S. In my example, creating an external controller via a BT adapter, since there was no GIMX at hand.​

Comment

Hey not really sure what log file you are referring too. Attached everything in the log folder here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Tj...ew?usp=sharing.

Also I am using an ESP32-S3 now as mentioned in post #5. I have tried both with and without authorization on my target device (another PC). Both do not work.

Comment

For games on your target PC bluetooth connection will not work because all PC games understand wired DS4 only, so you must use either GIMX or ESP32-S2 adapter (new alternative).
                      And in this case do NOT enable 'Authorize with gamepad' option - this will allow it to show as 'Wireless Controller' on your target PC, If you see it then everything is ok.
                      If your game still not see it in this mode, then restart your game or check maybe you have something else connected to target PC and game uses it instead. And you can also test virtual 'Wireless Controller' on target PC with some tester, to make sure all buttons work.

Comment

Hey I am using the ESP32-S2 now as mentioned in post #5. When running joy.cpl the controller shows as Wireless Controller and is the only device showing. I have restarted the game (Call of Duty MWII) and my controller is still not detected.

I have went to https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad my inputs are being registered and the controller shows as Sony PS4 Dualshock.

Comment

If it works in the tester but does not work in the game, the problem is either on the system side or on the game side.

Please send me the file with system information
                          1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
                          2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
                          3. Go to File -> Save
                          4. Send me the *.nfo file you get

Comment

Here is the sys info: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Xu...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I found a Vigem bus driver in the system. It can interfere with reWASD so, I suggest you uninstall it.
                              Try this tool to find and remove it: https://github.com/lostindark/Driver...s/tag/v0.11.64

Also, I don't recommend using reWASD while you have other remapping software installed (in your case - DS4Windows).​

Comment

Working...
                              X