Steam Deck Support-- some issues and suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Deck Support-- some issues and suggestions

Got licenses recently for reWASD to use with windows 10 on my steam deck. Have also been working closely with developers of tools like SDT and Handheld Companion to extend compatibility of their apps to work with reWASD. The clear advantage of reWASD is that there's lower input latency as compared to most other tools that rely on ViGEm.

There are some important points that I've identified during my testing and I was hoping these could be addressed at some point:

- The haptic/vibration settings are very erratic. There's no clarity with regards the difference in setting the intensity of vibration from the Settings->Gamepad menu Vs the dedicated Vibration menu that shows up when reWASD detects the device as a neptune controller. I have really struggled to keep the intensity in check and it keeps defaulting to a higher value it seems and the device's shell feels like it would break apart.

- There is no option to bring up the touch keyboard in windows which I think will be a disadvantage for not just the Deck but any handheld. I can still bind a combination to Ctrl+Win+O but that brings up the OSK and not the touch typing keyboard. My only option right now is to ask Windows to bring this up manually from the taskbar shortcut.

- When operating the trackpads of the steam deck in analog mode, there is no option for using one of the two trackpads as the scroll wheel. This is only possible from the digital mode where I can map the 4 edges of the left trackpad to scroll directions but using it in this manner is very cumbersome and unintuitive.

I am working on creating profiles which I will soon share with the community of windows-on-deck users. The aim of these profiles will be to pre-define shortcuts that are familiar to users of tools such as SDT so that they can continue to use the power-control, resolution/refresh rate control etc. features of such programs.

We have a dedicated channel for reWASD on our Discord server that primarily focuses on Windeck-- we'd welcome you to join here if you please.

It's of course great to finally see Deck support in reWASD and I hope we can work towards resolving some of the issues that are getting in way of its usability.

Cheers!

I

Hello!
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Our team will review spotted issues and suggestions and let you know about our conclusion.

Comment

Working...
    X