Why did the problem happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did the problem happen?

I have an 8bitdo sn30 pro+ controller. I started using reWASD in July to turn my controller into a virtual ps4 controller and then I am adding games to Steam, I enabled Playstation support in Steam and I am running the games in Steam so that they use the virtual ps4 controller. Everything was fine for 2 months and my games always detected the virtual ps4 controller when I ran them in Steam.

Today I ran a game in Steam and I noticed that the game isn't detecting the virtual ps4 controller and pressing buttons on the controller did nothing. I quit the game. It said "controller config" under the game name which means that Steam should be detecting the virtual ps4 controller and it's not. I ran controller config and I pressed buttons on the controller. Nothing happened. I ran reWASD. I pressed the icon in the red square in this picture https://i.imgur.com/RkhhZle.png. The controller vibrated. I clicked apply in reWASD multiple times. I closed reWASD and I ran it again. Still nothing and steam is not detecting the virtual ps4 controller and I can't use it in Steam. in the end I restarted the laptop and I ran reWASD and Steam. Finally steam detected the virtual ps4 controller and I could use it in Steam​.

I am trying to find out if the USB wire is causing the issue. I don't think it's because USB wire had spoiled. If the USB wire spoiled then reWASD wouldn't be able to vibrate the controller. Plus I didn't unplug the controller and I kept it plugged in the whole time. If the USB wire spoiled then the controller won't be detected after I restart the laptop and I need to unplug and replug the controller so it's detected again. Plus reWASD was detecting the controller and I could vibrate it in reWASD. The problem is that Steam was not detecting the virtual ps4 controller and I think that something happened in reWASD to cause the problem.

I want to ask why is reWASD misbehaving suddenly? I played a game yesterday evening and the virtual ps4 controller was working ok yesterday in Steam. I didn't use my laptop for most of today and it was idle. I ran a game in the evening and I discovered that it's not detecting the virtual ps4 controller. Nothing has been changed or updated and the problem suddenly happened just like that for no reason.

Why did the problem suddenly happen? Is that normal? Is there anything that I can do to stop the problem from happening again?

At 99%, I can assure you that the problem is not on the reWASD side.
    If your controller vibrates when you click on an icon in the GUI, then reWASD is detecting it correctly and there shouldn't be any issues.

However, reWASD may well conflict with the built-in Steam remapper. Therefore, we usually recommend that you disable controller support in Steam.

The next time the controller stops being detected in the game – check out our virtual DS4 here.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      However, reWASD may well conflict with the built-in Steam remapper. Therefore, we usually recommend that you disable controller support in Steam.​
      reWASD will transform my controller in a virtual ps4 controller. If a game doesn't have built in Playstation controller support then it won't detect a ps4 controller. Thus if I add games to Steam and I disable Steam input and I run the games in Steam then they won't detect a ps4 controller if a game doesn't have built in Playstation controller support and I have to enable Steam input so that the game recognizes a ps4 controller.

The next time the controller stops being detected in the game – check out our virtual DS4 here.​​
      That link is for https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad. I used that online game pad tester when Steam didn't detect the virtual ps4 controller and also the website didn't detect the virtual ps4 controller thus Steam input is not causing the problem.

Comment

That is, the tester also does not detect our virtual DS4?

Comment

That is, the tester also does not detect our virtual DS4?
          Yes. Also the tester didn't detect it.

My controller is in Switch mode and I am using reWASD to convert from Switch to PS4. In the past before I started using reWASD I noticed that my laptop had a weird problem detecting Switch controllers. For example if I close the laptop lid and the laptop sleeps and then I unplug the USB wire of the controller and I plug it back in while the controller is sleeping then when I open the laptop lid and I wake up the laptop from sleep I noticed that Steam is not detecting the controller and I have to unplug and replug the USB wire so that the controller is detected. Also when I close the laptop lid and the laptop sleeps then the lights on the controller start to blink for around 15 seconds and then they switch off. I noticed that if I open the laptop lid and I wake up the laptop from sleep while the lights on the controller are blinking then Steam says that the controller is detected but the controller doesn't work in Steam. I have to wait until the lights on the controller stop blinking so that the controller works in Steam after I open the laptop lid and wake up the laptop from sleep. Also once the lights on the controller blinked for 1 minute and then they switched off and then Steam didn't detect the controller when I woke up the laptop from sleep.

I want to ask you if the controller is in a weird state and it's not being properly detected by the laptop then will that affect the controller being converted from Switch to virtual ps4 so also the virtual ps4 controller won't get detected?

Comment

You probably have third-party software installed on your computer that may be blocking the reWASD virtual controller. Please send the file with system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers.
            1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
            2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
            3. Go to File -> Save
            4. Send the *.nfo file you get

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
              You probably have third-party software installed on your computer that may be blocking the reWASD virtual controller
              I don't have anything which blocks reWASD virtual controllers. reWASD support checked my info file. I have been using reWASD for 2 months to convert from Switch to PS4 and I played games daily and there were never any problems and always the virtual PS4 controller was detected and then suddenly the virtual PS4 controller was no longer detected.

I have a problem with my laptop and sometimes when I wake up the laptop from sleep then it's not properly detecting the 8bitdo controller in Switch mode and that has happened in the past before I started using reWASD. It rarely happens and I think that it happened yesterday. If the 8bitdo controller is not properly detected in Switch mode then that means that also the virtual PS4 controller won't be detected.

Comment

Working...
              X