Stuck on updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck on updating

I saw that there is a new reWASD version so I clicked on update in reWASD. I waited for the new version to download and it finished and it asked me to install. I clicked on ok. It said installing but it was stuck saying that for quite some time and nothing is happening. I did end task in the task manager and I saw that the old reWASD version was uninstalled but it kept my config files. I restarted the laptop and then I reinstalled the old version and it worked ok. I want to ask you why did it get stuck on installing the new version? Is what I did ok and it won't cause any problems like double virtual drivers or double input?

Configs will not necessarily be deleted along with the application.

Please check for errors in Event Viewer by following the steps below:
    1. Press the Windows button, type [Event Viewer], and press Enter.
    2. Choose [Windows Logs] in the upper left corner, then choose [Application].
    3. Check out the panel on the right side: there's a [Find] option. Click it, and type "reWASD" to search for related errors.
    4. Once you find one or multiple events, please right-click and "Save selected events..." on every one of them, and send the file(s) to me.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Please check for errors in Event Viewer by following the steps below
      There are no errors in the event viewer and the update got stuck and nothing happened so I had to do end task. Anyway I figured out the problem. I am living in an unsupported country and I had to use a VPN so I could buy the reWASD license. It looks like doing update through the program doesn't work ok if I live in an unsupported country and I have to download the installer for the updated version from the reWASD website and run it so I install the new version.

I want to ask you can anything bad happen because the update process got stuck and I did end task? Will that corrupt anything?

Comment

This is more of a question for Microsoft than for us. But I do not think that this can lead to any serious consequences.

Comment

Working...
        X