REWASD doesn't load anymore after 6.7.0 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REWASD doesn't load anymore after 6.7.0 update

After updating to version 6.7.0 using the update function in the application, REWASD no longer opens and gives an error.

See attached. I notice since the upgrade my license is showing unverified.

Please advise what log files I should send to assist in troubleshooting this issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 8.53.35 PM.png
Views:	239
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	239001
    Attached Files

First, I suggest doing a clean reinstall of reWASD to the latest version available on our site:
    • Backup your profiles from the [c:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\] folder if needed.
    • Uninstall reWASD with all options selected.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Download and install the latest version of reWASD.
    • Restart your PC again.
    • Start reWASD as Administrator at least once.
    If that won't help, we will need you to change the reWASD shortcut a bit: open its Properties and add " -tracertext" at the end of the Target field, then run it.
    After the same set of errors appears, close reWASD and send us the contents of your [c:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs\] folder.

Comment

I have tried the listed steps above without any success. I have attached the logs here. Any help is much appreciated.
      Attached Files

Comment

reWASD doesn't work on qemu vm as it cannot receive the required information from the VM.

As an option, you can downgrade your reWADS to version 6.5.1

Comment

Ok. Thanks. Good to know. I will revert back to 6.5.1 in my VM. Do you know how I can get my ReWASD junior for iOS to work with this version 6.5.1. It was stating I needed to upgrade the version on my VM PC.

Comment

reWASD version 6.5.1 requires a downgraded version of reWASD Junior as well. I'm not sure if there is a way to install a downgraded version of reWASD Junior on IOS

Comment

Sorry to necrobump this issue, but is there anything else that could be done to get newer versions of rewasd working with a vm? I would like to have some of the functionality back, but I don't want to leave linux behind

Comment

To use reWASD on a virtual machine, you need to make sure that it does not hide your motherboard and its data, otherwise reWASD won't be able to run.

Comment

Working...
                X