Remapping mouse left and right click to keyboard interrupts held inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remapping mouse left and right click to keyboard interrupts held inputs

Hi. I'm trying to use rewasd to remap mouse left and right click to keys A and S to use a construction method in Old School Runescape. I can link to a video of the method for reference if needed. Holding the 1 key advances the text boxes but whenever I use A or S to click, the held input is no longer working and has to be pressed again. I don't know how to have the held 1 key stay active while still being able to click with A and S. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hello.

I don't know the specifics of the game, but if when you hold down "1" and press "A" or "S" on the real keyboard and the input being held is not interrupted, with properly mapped reWASD, the result should be the same.

Make sure you have Advanced mapping feature unlocked and Mute enabled on mouse mappings.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Hello.

I don't know the specifics of the game, but if when you hold down "1" and press "A" or "S" on the real keyboard and the input being held is not interrupted, with properly mapped reWASD, the result should be the same.

Make sure you have Advanced mapping feature unlocked and Mute enabled on mouse mappings.​
      Thanks for the reply. I have the advanced mapping feature and made sure to enable the mute setting. I bought the license to play Elden Ring with my switch controller last year so I have the paid features. I tried binding the clicks to the A and B buttons on my xbox controller and it clicks properly while also not interrupting the held key. I still cannot get it to work using only the keyboard but that's okay, the controller works fine. I just don't want to keep my hand still on the mouse because it gets my hand all clammy haha Thanks again.

Comment

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
        ​​​​​​​I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

I believe it's this one. Should just be left click for A and right click for S
          Attached Files

Comment

The mouse clicks mappings seem to work correctly (should work the same as if you mapped them to a controller or just pressed the buttons on the mouse).
            You can test this in any mouse tester.​

Comment

Working...
            X