ReWASD wont launch from tray + DualSense keep disconnecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReWASD wont launch from tray + DualSense keep disconnecting

not sure but i think after latest 6.7 update ... i was unable to open rewasd from taskbar ... i can open rewasd if i just launch rewasd.exe

looking further into it and a bit of experimenting ... it seems:

1. if rewasd was started by rewasdservices.exe - i cannot open rewasd from taskbar
    2. if i exit rewasd from taskbar ... and open rewasd with rewasd.exe ... then I can open rewasd from taskbar

Since start up uses rewasdservices.exe its a bit of a problem

I use sfc /scannow to check for corruptet .NET ... but it says there are no errors

Using "Start log" does not work ... as once rewasd restart for logging session ... everything works fine

Also ... not sure if it relates to 6.7 ... but shortly after it ... my DualSense randomly disconnects during game

Looking at Event Viewer shows error related to .NET (see attach log from Event Viewer). Curiously enough it does not happen when i use other controllers like SwitchPRO.

Might be irrelevant ... but before this start happening with DualSence ... i tried adjusting its LED settings in ReWASD (turn off all LED except player LED to just indicate controller is ON while maximizing battery)

Attached Files

Let's try to make sure it's just reWASD version 6.7. Please downgrade reWASD and check if this behavior still persists.

You can find download links to all reWASD versions in your personal account.

Comment

Figured out about rewasdservices.exe ... it was running at normal privileges ... rewasd.exe was set to run with administrative priveleges ... setting both to run at normal privileges solved that issue (this was not an issue in previous versions)

But DualSense problem is still there ... will try to download old version to see if it fixes DualSense​

Comment

I played some more with 6.7 ... seems its a mapping that is causing DualSence to disconnect.

I recently started to do mapping for Diablo 2 using gyro as mouse (plays quite well actually) with eventual goal to transfer mechanics to Diablo 3.

So ... if DualSence is using that mapping ... it will disconnect after some time (seems random) whether in game or in desktop ... dont need to press any buttons either - just leave it and it will disconnect with .NET error attached in my first post.

Only DualSense is doing it ... DualShock3 and SwitchPRO has no problem with this mapping.

DualSense is working perfectly with all other mappings or without any mappings ... it just seems this particular mapping has something funny.

I attached the mapping in question as well as rewasd log that records DualSense disconnecting during Diablo 2: resurrected play. As well as Event log from Event Viewer.

Attached Files

Comment

Please try to disable the LED of your DualSense in Preferences of reWASD. Then, let me know if it helped to fix this.

Comment

Turn off LED in preference ... but LED settings are still applying

What is strange ... DualSense is switching off after 15min idle (i never touch that setting in rewasd and always left it on never switch off on idle)

Restarted PC ... on start up made sure rewasd did not start - so there was no rewasd in tray ... somehow LED settting still apply and DualSense shutsoff after 15min idle

Paired on another system with no ReWASD ... DualSense starts with blue LED and never shuts off on idle

Will try uninstalling and clean installing ReWASD (simple reinstall did not do anything)

Comment

This is a complicated case

As an option, Try to manual uninstalling and reinstall reWASD
              1) Run "Command Promt" (cmd.exe) as administrator. You need to type "cmd.exe" in the Windows taskbar search. Once it is found, right-click it and choose "run as administrator" option
              2) Switch to reWASD folder. Type cd "C:\Program Files\reWASD" and press Enter
              3) Type reWASDService.exe -drvuninstall and press Enter
              4) Restart your PC
              5) Manually remove "C:\Program Files\reWASD" folder
              6) Restart your PC again

Comment

before i read your last reply, i did uninstall on ReWASD through Control Panel -> Program and Features ... uninstall that removed everything - settings, licence, etc

did fresh install ... turn off LED feature ([Enable LED]) in rewasd setting ... connected DualSense ... all LED were off - i expected with reWASD [Enable LED] off - LED behaviour would be dictated by OS and drivers (which turn on blue LED on DualSense under Windows). Apparently thats not the case, which a bit strange as reWASD has option under LED to selectively turn LEDs off already. Unfortunately, DualSense turns off after 15min of inactivity.

i then did unsinstall method you provided ... same results

What is more weird ... I then enabled reWASD to turn off controller after 5min of inactivity (just to try to reset any accidental settings i might have done in the past ... though I am pretty sure i never touch that setting) ... DualSense is still switching off after 15min of inactivity

Setting reWASD back to not turning controller off procuces same effect ... DualSense is still switching off after 15min of inactivity

Bug?

Comment

Please collect the log files as you collected before, only with the turned LED off. I'll forward them to the dev team

Comment

I think i found the reason ... and it has nothing to do with reWASD

turns out its a steam ... by default it has 15min idle before turn off ... but this seem never to apply if you never use controller in steam ... so i had no problem before

i tested controller recently in steam to see my old setting for gyro aiming (so i can transfer it to reWASD) ... think that triggered steam to apply that 15min idle limit

and since my remapping for Diablo 2 muted all controller buttons and apply keyboard/mouse ... steam probably thought controller went idle and force it to switch off

once steam sets that limit ... darn tricky to turn if off (you can google to see lots of people not happy)

setting steam to "Never" turn off controller is not enough ... from my experience you have to use controller in steam for that setting to apply ... in my case i did "Test Device Input" in steam (but i guess if you play any game with steam input and new setting - that should be enough for new setting to apply) ... basically - i disable ALL steam settings for controller and put idle turn off on "Never" - then did "Test Device Inputs"

Its been 30 minutes now ... and DualSense is still connected

I thank you for your patience with my problem ... always great to see rewasd team dedication to customers

Comment

Glad to know that the issue was resolved.

However, we can reference your case in the future. Thank you

Comment

Just in case anybody else have problem with Steam interfering with ReWASD ... the surest way is to blacklist controller in Steam:

1. Close Steam (e.g. Steam > Exit).

2. Navigate to and open with Notepad: [STEAM INSTALLATION] / config / config.vdf

3. Do a search for: controller_blacklist

If it doesn't exist, go to the end of the file and before the last }, insert a new line then paste in:
                        "controller_blacklist" "54c/ce6"

If it does exist add the DualSense VID/PID to it:
                        "controller_blacklist" "54c/ce6"
                        (if it already contains a VID/PID, insert a comma and then the DS5 VID/PID e.g. "45e/2e0,54c/ce6")

4. Save and close​

Note VID/PID of controllers can be found in ReWASD - just hover mouse over controller icon and pop up will tell you VID/PID

Comment

Originally Posted by tij View Post
                          Figured out about rewasdservices.exe ... it was running at normal privileges ... rewasd.exe was set to run with administrative priveleges ... setting both to run at normal privileges solved that issue (this was not an issue in previous versions)

But DualSense problem is still there ... will try to download old version to see if it fixes DualSense​
                          In addition to this post.
                          I was informed that rewasdservices.exe works only under LocalSystem, so it is forbidden to change privileges as our driver could stop working at all. I just wrote the post about this to avoid and prevent other users from changing the privileges for rewasdservices.exe

Comment

Working...
                          X