Device ID when reinstalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device ID when reinstalling

Is there is some way to transfer/change Device ID.

Basically, I have some batch file that apply profile to controllers using Device ID ... some games are picky and reWASD seems to set profiles not fast enough for them (especially if system have lots of controllers ... mine have 11 lol)

When I reinstall/install reWASD or Windows ... Device ID changes ... is there a way to manually change Device ID or transfer Device ID from previous installation ... so I don't have to change batch file that apply profiles.

Unfortunately, I don't have that deep knowledge of Windows and can't advise you.

Comment

My bad ... Device ID did not change with my reinstallation of reWASD

Guess the question I was after is ... in reWASD - does Device ID is tied to controller hardware? ... in other words - will reWASD use same Device ID for same controller if it connects to different PC?

Comment

As far as I know, the Device ID should remain the same no matter of PC.
        If I'm wrong, my colleagues will correct me later.

Comment

Most gamepads (like Xbox One or Dualshock) have unique ID in hardware and it will be same on other PC. But if some gamepad has no unique ID then reWASD will generate own ID and it may change on other PC. This is especially true for mice and keyboards. But if you have just one device of specific type, then ID may still be same, because reWASD tries to generate it based on device type, VID,PID and its number in system.

Comment

Working...
          X