Having trouble with slot, config and autodetect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble with slot, config and autodetect

Hi, I want to ask some question on the slots, config and autodetect since I have been having some issues.
    1) Firstly I am using a Flydigi Apex 2 as my main controller.
    2) I've been tweaking with the keys and would like to make this as the 'default' config for my PC.
    3) The way I did it is by creating a new game profile (I called it 'General') and set the config to slot 1,2,3 and 4.
    4) Then I created a new game profile (for a specific game), then change the key and then use the autodetect to make sure that it uses the config when I'm running the game
    5) Now here is where the issue comes in - whenever I go back to desktop or another app (Alt+Tab), my controller somehow turns into default Flydigi DirectInput. It does not 'follow' the General game profile in the slot 1-4.
    6) I have no idea how to resolve this and it is very annoying as I need to re-apply the General profile to the slot 1-4 again everytime I cycle from the game to another app.
    7) Please advice how can make this work

Hello.

Try this:
    First manually apply General config to slot 2, 3 or 4.
    Configure Autodetect for the config and game you need and so that the config is automatically applied to slot 1.
    Make sure this checkbox is checked in Preferences.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	133
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	239201

Result:
    Since you manually applied the General config, it will be the "default config". When switching to a game, the config with Autodetect configured will be applied. When you exit the game, the "default config" will be enabled again.​

Comment

Hello. Thanks for the fast response.
      Firstly, the checkbox highlighted is already checked in my Preferences.
      Secondly, do I need to make the Config for the game within the same profile? Or can I actually use from a different profile like I have right now?​

Views:	124
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	239203

Comment

There shouldn't be any difference.

Comment

The solution you proposed does not seem to work for mine. But I managed to workaround it and get it to work (somehow) by associating the general profile to all the active process (had to tick the box one by one, would be good to have a tick/check all box). It is working now but the shift layer will get reset everytime I change windows of app, which is still a bit annoying but is fine for now.

Views:	126
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	239206

Comment

In the future, we are considering adding a "Global default profile" option.
            But it is still difficult to talk about an approximate time frame for the implementation of this idea.​

Comment

Working...
            X