Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emulate steering wheel rotation position using left stick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emulate steering wheel rotation position using left stick.

As the title suggests, I want to emulate steering wheel rotation position using left stick on my XBOX One Elite Series 2 controller. Is this possible?
    A bit more detailed explanation. I've been looking for a gamepad like controller that can emulate racing wheel. What comes to mind is PSone's 3rd party controller made by NAMCO, a JOGCON or a NEGCON. Sadly, there's nothing like that for modern consoles or PC. So, as an alternative I'm trying to make a left stick rotation to mimic racing wheel rotation, so if I push my left stick at 12 o'clock, then the wheel will be "grabbed" and be positioned at 12 o'clock. If I rotate my left stick to 10 o'clock position, then the wheel should move to 10 o'clock position. If I let go of the stick, the wheel should return to center. This degree of position mapping should be adjustable (be it 1:1, or 900 degrees click to click, etc), but for explanation purposes, this should suffice. Is this achievable using reWASD?

Thank you!

reWASD cannot emulate 1:1 steering wheels in all sections of the stick path (positions).
    This is because reWASD can only emulate the virtual controller sticks of an Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo Switch.

You can manually assign specific positions of the virtual stick to the 8 directions of the physical stick through the Advanced stick settings using the Use 8-digital directions option.
    However, you will not get a 1:1 effect, since the analogue nature of the emulated stick will be lost.​

Comment

Working...
    X