Issues when playing Diablo 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues when playing Diablo 4

I can't seem to get reWASD to work with Diablo 4 with any consistency while using my Switch Pro Controller via Bluetooth. At first the controller didn't work at all, but then I changed the virtual controller to "virtual DS4". Once I did that the game UI would register that the controller was being used, but the controller inputs still did nothing. I restarted reWASD a few times and eventually it worked? Fast forward to now and it's not working again and restarting the program isn't fixing the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you apply the config before starting the game or its "store application". The Windows Game Controllers tool (joy.cpl) must show only one controller, which should be the virtual one created by reWASD.

The game might have a specific setting for what type of controls to use. Ensure the controller is selected.

It is also recommended to disable any other third-party controller remapper (Steam, ds4windows, etc).

Comment

I finally managed to get in after a mixture of repeatedly restarting the program / turning the controller on and off while the game was open. I'd really like to get it to work without all this hassle.

The configuration was applied before starting Diablo 4. Joy.cpl only shows one controller. I don't use any other third party mapper programs and Steam currently isn't open.

Comment

If "random" actions fix the issue, then a third party is definitely involved. Or the game itself has some issues with DS4 controllers.

You could try selecting the virtual Xbox One instead in [Virtual controller settings] of your config.

Comment

I wonder what that third party could be. The only other remapping software I use is Razer Synapse, but that's only for my mouse. To my knowledge I have nothing else that involves gaming open other than Battle.net. Steam is definitely closed and I checked for a DS4Windows install at the below location, but there was nothing to remove.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	247
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	239696

As for changing the virtual controller settings, unfortunately, only "virtual DS4" works at all. The other options don't even detect enough input to register a UI change. From what I've read this isn't limited to reWASD though, I've seen others need to resort to other programs to do the same.

Comment

Another thing I can suggest is to enable the [Use with PS Remote Play] option in [Virtual controller settings]​.
            Maybe a virtual DS4 emulated over a physical USB 2.0 hub would seem more "real" to the game.
            If the option is already enabled, try again with it disabled.

If none of that would help, I suggest consulting with Diablo 4 support about this.

Comment

Diablo 4 support is going to tell me that I shouldn't be using third party software with a Blizzard game. =P

I've seen posts from other people that seem to be having no issue with reWASD + Diablo 4 so I figure that it's something on my end. I'll try the PS Remote Play option.

Comment

Could you please send a screenshot showing your issue?

Comment

I am having the exact same issue. It used to be manageable, where I could turn rewasd off/on and that would fix it... but now it is just a no go. Only controller, no other programs etc... it just started happening out of the blue.

Comment

By the way... this was resolved for me by just switching from Xbox 360 controller to Xbox One controller in the Virtual Controller Settings.. If I log into D4 and the issue is doing its thing, I will just open up REWASD and switch back to the other one. I basically swap between 360 and X1, they both work and solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X