Xbox Elite Controller 2 Bottom Right paddle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Elite Controller 2 Bottom Right paddle issue

Hi, I've been having issues with the mapping recently on my Elite Controller 2.

It seems that only on my Profile 1 in REWASD (no led), the bottom right paddle doesn't want to be remapped

As I know, the Xbox accessories app only has the 3 led profile and doesnt allow me to modify the "profile 0" (which btw SHOULD be the name on both rewasd and Xbox Acessories app so there won't be confusion)

So the Profile 0 has the default (x y b a) paddle keybind which cannot be changed in the Xbox Accessories app.

And since on profile 1, Rewasd doesn't want to bind anything on the Bottom Right Paddle (which is mapped by default to A), I'm in a situation where all the paddles but 1 work as intended.

I did remove all the mapping on the other Xbox acessories profile (1-3) and so they work as intended with rewasd, especially the bottom right paddle.

So is there a way to remove the biding on the Xbox Acessories app for profile 0 or just any way for the bottom right paddle to work properly like the other do ?

Seriously. What kind of bug is it that only 3 of the 4 paddles get properly remapped.

I can only use the other profile because of it...

I need help please ! What can I do to fix this ?

Hi.
    Please, make sure that paddles are unmapped via Xbox Accessories App. The steps are this troubleshooting link.

As far as I know, in Xbox Accessories you can do this in all profiles, because all our users who own Elite 2 have solved these issues.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Hi.
      Please, make sure that paddles are unmapped via Xbox Accessories App. The steps are this troubleshooting link.

As far as I know, in Xbox Accessories you can do this in all profiles, because all our users who own Elite 2 have solved these issues.​

As i said previously, all the slots (1-3) in Xbox accessories App are already set up with the paddles unmapped.

Xbox Accessories app only offers 3 slots to modify (represented by the 3 led)

Rewasd has 4 slots to modify (the no leds and the 3 leds)

The issues is that profile 0 (no led on) is still there with default binding and cannot be modified in theXbox Accessories app.

That profile 0 translate to the slot 1 in rewasd.

And so, Slot 1 is stuck with the default paddle configuration.

My issue, is that I cannot make the bottom right paddle override the default mapping.

The other 3 paddles can override the default mapping (i want to once again precise that slot 0 in XboxAA is NOT accessible or able to be modified)

This is a very specific bug i have with only one of the 4 paddles.

The fact that 1 of the 4 slots in Xbox AA (slot 0 no led) can't be accessed is an issue.

But the fact that only 1 of the 4 paddles on rewasd in the "slot 1" (which is the no led inaccessible slot 0 in XboxAA) won't accept to be remapped unlike the other, is the issue i really want to be helped with.

Comment

Could you send me screenshots of the settings for all profiles in Xbox Accessories, as well as a screenshot of the paddle mapping that does not work from the reWASD GUI?

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
          Could you send me screenshots of the settings for all profiles in Xbox Accessories, as well as a screenshot of the paddle mapping that does not work from the reWASD GUI?
          As you can see 3 profile in XboxAA, 4 in Rewasd, The profile in Xbox AA that can be remapped are all represented by a led. But there is a 4th profile with no led which doesn't appear in XboxAA

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	224
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	239741Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	233
Size:	367.3 KB
ID:	239742Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	221
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	239743​ ​Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	220
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	239744​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	9.png
Views:	229
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	239745​​

Comment

First, we have to mention that the only connection between slots in Xbox Elite 2 profile settings and reWASD [Slots] is that when a profile slot is changed via the controller`s [Profile] button (Default, 1, 2, 3), reWASD changes its Slot to a corresponding one (1, 2, 3, 4).

Your screenshots doesn't show a Default profile, so there is a high chance you haven't changed the 4th paddle to "Unmapped" on it.

Select every profile that is assigned to a slot in Xbox Accessories app and click the [Trashcan] icon so a default profile will be applied there. Unmap the last paddle, and keep the [Default] profile applied to all the slots of your controller. This should fix your issue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
              First, we have to mention that the only connection between slots in Xbox Elite 2 profile settings and reWASD [Slots] is that when a profile slot is changed via the controller`s [Profile] button (Default, 1, 2, 3), reWASD changes its Slot to a corresponding one (1, 2, 3, 4).

Your screenshots doesn't show a Default profile, so there is a high chance you haven't changed the 4th paddle to "Unmapped" on it.

Select every profile that is assigned to a slot in Xbox Accessories app and click the [Trashcan] icon so a default profile will be applied there. Unmap the last paddle, and keep the [Default] profile applied to all the slots of your controller. This should fix your issue.

I'm guessing the "default profile" you're talking about is just what the controller is mapped to when one of the slot has no profile created. pictures bellow as a example

The "default slot" does not exist in Xbox AA, meaning that the "default profile" cannot be changed on it. And as i said previously the other paddles in rewasd (in slot 1) work really well. only that very specifc paddle doesn't accept remapping.

If for example i left the slot 1 in rewasd with no remap. the "default profile" which is the default layout of ABXY is active.

Meaning that there is a "Default slot" or "slot 0" in Xbox AA that cannot be accessed but is acknowledged in Rewasd as "Slot 1".

And for some reason, while Rewasd can override the paddles's mapping in the slot that we cannot see in XboxAA. Only one of them is a exception to the rule.

I think there is a huge miscommunication issue between us. Because i woudl like to confirm that i am not a new user of rewasd or XboxAA.

Xbox AA always had only 3 available slots to configure and Rewasd 4, until now, Rewasd had no issue overriding Slot 1 (or default slot if you prefer).

Again. XboxAA is complete garbage, i mean 4 slots, but only 3 of them are configurable ? that's stupid.

But Rewasd solved the issue until recently, meaning that there is a issue somewhere which prevent only one of the paddles on only slot 1 "default slot'" to be stuck on the default configuration.

Btw that trash can will only delete the unmapped profile on one of the 3 slots (2 to 4 in rewasd) meaning that it'll come back to the default conf with the ABXY, until you assign one of the profile on the slot (see second picture)

Deleting all the profile i made with no paddle unmapped will make it that all the profile will have the default scheme which is ABXY, not unmapped.
              ​​​Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	234
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	239761Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	212
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	239762

Comment

You controller might have a firmware or hardware issue. Please do the following:
                • Tell us the current version of the firmware of your controller.
                • Update the controller firmware if an update is available;
                • Set all paddles to unmapped for all three profiles;
                • Uninstall reWASD and restart your PC;
                • Test if paddles will produce anything with [joy.cpl] tool or at [Gamepad Tester] site on every profile.
                We also suggest disabling Extended Xbox controller support in Steam if it is enabled.

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
                  [/LIST]We also suggest disabling Extended Xbox controller support in Steam if it is enabled.

Thank you ! uninstalling the driver from the steam setting and restarting my computer finally solved for now it seems.

The driver was installed for months though so i really wonder what happened for it to suddenly cause such a strange bug...

Maybe it was a update on Steam or Rewasd side which cause a conflict ? Since it seems that Rewasd was functioning partially until i removed the driver.

Or maybe i got lucky until now and something just clicked and the conflict finally happened...

Anyway, thank you for the assistance !

Comment

As far as I know, there have been no updates on the reWASD side that could be causing it. However, glad to know that this trick was useful

Comment

Working...
                    X