Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup rapid fire without stopping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to setup rapid fire without stopping?

Greetings,

I am completely new to ReWASD. I've tried watching the tutorial videos and some FAQ pages before posting here and to be frank, I quite simply don't understand a thing being explained (there are lots of terminology in the videos and FAQ that are I'm not familiar with and find to be opaque).

I need ReWASD to do exactly 1 thing without stopping until I tell it to... Press the [A] button on my Xbox controller; over, and over, and over, and over again.

Everything I've come across to try and understand how to do this in ReWASD has so far has done nothing but confuse me and despite multiple attempts, its not working for me.

Either I have to HOLD the [A] button, or it runs a singular "Press and let go" function without continuing... I need ReWASD to perform the same major function of the NES Advantage controller of the 1980's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NES_Advantage

Wherein, you simply press the grey button over the big red [A] or [B] button and it will repeatedly press it over and over until you disable it. Despite the tutorials and FAQs, I cannot figure how to do this in ReWASD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Context:

If providing my use-case makes it easier to understand, I'm wanting to use ReWASD in Final Fantasy IX for Steam to take advantage of the "Marcus/Eiko" bug, wherein you battle an endless stream of mobs to make Eiko overpowered later in the game when you recruit her.

Here is a video of what I'm trying to do in action (Please ignore the character movement in the early parts of the video, I do not require anything but rapid-fire presses of the [A] button):

I just need the character, "Marcus" to be told to "Attack" over and over again for hours while not at home and come back much later to a max-level character and then move on to the next section of gameplay. It doesn't matter much to be which button or key is used to initiate or halt the continued action, but if it can easily be "mapped" to R3 on my controller, that would be ideal.

... So, in light of all that, what exactly would be the "click-by-click" method of making this happen in ReWASD?

Hello!

If I understand you correctly, you just want to Toggle+Turbo.
    In this case, you need to create the key-combo that consists of a mapping and a pause.
    Then go Back to the main mappings and pick Toggle.

​​

Comment

Originally Posted by Gogeba View Post
      Hello!

If I understand you correctly, you just want to Toggle+Turbo.
      In this case, you need to create the key-combo that consists of a mapping and a pause.
      Then go Back to the main mappings and pick Toggle.

​​
      Thank you for your reply.

I tried to enable "Toggle+Turbo" and the program tells me I can't (it greys out one option when I choose the other one).

I'm afraid I don't understand how to do what you're suggesting.

Comment

I tried to enable "Toggle+Turbo"
        Yes, you can`t, and you don't need to.
        • Just turn on the toggle
        • Open the Combo menu
        • Put in the button you need(in an example from me, it was X)
        • Add pause after button.
        Done!
        You can check an attachment, for example.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Gogeba View Post
          Yes, you can`t, and you don't need to.
          • Just turn on the toggle
          • Open the Combo menu
          • Put in the button you need(in an example from me, it was X)
          • Add pause after button.
          Done!
          You can check an attachment, for example.
          Thanks again for attempting to help...

Unfortunately, that is exactly the script I had already created for myself (other than it was [A] and not [B] on my controller).

... It didn't work.

I tried many things to be sure... I deleted my old mapping and added only yours. That didn't work. I tried re-starting the app. Re-starting the game. Re-starting my PC. Uninstalling and reinstalling ReWASD, then adding your config file. I made sure to Save your config file each time to 1 of the 4 mapping profiles for my device.

There were no error messages. ReWASD recognizes my device without fail. I can alter the Home button LED behavior without issue. My controller operates fine in this game and in others I tested with after the config file failed. Your "Config 1.rewasd" did not perform any function nor prompt any error messages of any kind. I also made sure ReWASD was linked to my controller by making it rumble by pressing the button in the GUI.

By chance, are there any steps you may have overlooked in your explanation? Even something that may seem obvious or common-sense that wouldn't normally be mentioned? I tend to have very bad luck with these sorts of things, and its usually something either extremely obscure or extremely obvious to most (but usually obscure).

I do appreciate the time you took to upload the config file, thank you.

Comment

By chance, are there any steps you may have overlooked in your explanation? Even something that may seem obvious or common-sense that wouldn't normally be mentioned? I tend to have very bad luck with these sorts of things, and its usually something either extremely obscure or extremely obvious to most (but usually obscure).
            I doubt you missed something, counting you used the attached config.

It didn't work.
            Could you test it here: https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad

Comment

Working...
            X