Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the delay introduced when using Single and Double Presses on 1 button.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the delay introduced when using Single and Double Presses on 1 button.

Just to be absolutely clear on this, when a Single Press activation and a Double Press acttivation are assigned to 1 button this will always introduce a slight delay from there on for whenever the button is pressed.

Example:

No activators/no reWASD = when I press A button the character immediately jumps.

Add a single press "A" and a double press "B" to the button using reWASD = when I press A there is now a very slight delay (about 50-75ms) before the character jumps. Double pressing outputs B.

What are the best ways, if any, to go about reducing this new delay when the A button is single pressed? Should I shorten the double press Press Time in the general configuration options?

I know one way to have a double press activator and still keep the A button _without delay_ is to assign only the double press activator, MUTE single press and then assign "A" as a Start Press. This makes it so that the A button produces a jump immediately. However the problem now is that the Start Press always fires upon any pressing of the A button and it will interfere with the practical use of the double press activation.

Hey there!

Unfortunately, this delay cannot be reduced.
    This is how the logic of activators works. The application, as it were, "waits" for the action to be processed.

Comment

Working...
    X