Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flydigi Vader 3 Pro- Have to configure a virtual 360 controller for every game first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flydigi Vader 3 Pro- Have to configure a virtual 360 controller for every game first?

I got a Vader 3 Pro as a result of the 7.0 upgrade fully supporting it. I'm seeing some behavior that I maybe don't understand though. I first changed the controller mode to DInput mode (blue LED on controller). In reWASD, it seems like the majority of the profiles for my games don't have any buttons mapped to anything. For example, for FFXIV, none of the buttons did anything until I went into the controller config, clicked the magic wand button, and had it auto map all the buttons to a Virtual Xbox 360 controller. If I have a profile that I already had a virtual controller set up for, then reWASD retained those settings for the Vader 3 and I'm good to go already for that particular game. So it's only games that were native Xbox it seems that are having this quirk.

So my question is, is it supposed to act like this? Is there a way to have it just default to a Virtual Xbox 360 controller? If it's a game that I've never set up a profile for in reWASD, it seems like the controller won't work until I set up a profile first and set all the buttons. (Note that once it is set up, everything seems to work as expected).

I assume that the profiles just didn't have a controller layout.

Please create several Profiles with different virtual controller mappings. Then, choose your Flydigi Vader 3 Pro and try selecting each profile in turn. All virtual controller mappings should be applied to your controller automatically.

Comment

So I tried creating a few new profiles, assigning them the Virtual Xbox 360 mapping, but every time I create a new one, it starts "blank", with nothing mapped to any button. If I change to some other existing profile, almost all of them are blank as well. The ones that DO have the Virtual Xbox 360 mapping auto-applied to them seem to be the ones where I had previously mapped keys to the back paddles for on my Xbox Elite 2 controller.

So in other words, if I had mapped things to the back buttons in reWASD in the past, those profiles auto-populated all the Virtual Xbox 360 mappings (even if that profile was NOT using a virtual controller, like if I only had a couple back buttons mapped to the F9 and F10 keys). If it's a game I never got around to making any changes to the controller for in the game profile, OR if it's a game I have no profile for at all, the controller doesn't work, as it seems like reWASD is taking over the controller but not assigning any inputs to any of the buttons or sticks.

Comment

reWASD works with FlyDigi Vader 3 Pro in D-input mode exclusively. So if some config without any mappings on the "Gamepad" sub-config would be applied, this will result in the controller not doing anything. That is normal. Use the [Magic Wand] icon to select a virtual controller and apply a premade remapping preset for it.

Technically, you do have to make a profile for every game where FlyDigi Vader 3 Pro must be remapped to a virtual controller supported by that game.
        However, if configs end up being the same, you can use a single profile. If you are using the [Autodetect] function, you can add executables from multiple games to its associated apps list.

Comment

Ah, darn, OK. I was hoping there was some kind of a "default" profile that's used if there's no specific game profile loaded for a given game. It seems like I can make a "default profile" for no specific game, set it as a Virtual Xbox 360 controller, apply it, and play any game with the game thinking I have a 360 controller. I can then start up a game I have a specific profile for, it'll switch to that profile and all my custom settings work as expected. But then when I leave that game, it sets the Vader 3 Pro back to its "native behavior" without any profile (which means I have to manually apply my "default profile" again to play a game I don't have a profile for). It would be nice if there was an option where you could specify a profile as "always use this profile if no other profiles have been Autodetected."

Comment

There is no such option, although you can slightly simplify this by using the [Slots] feature. Apply the "default" profile to slot #2, and set up [Autodetect] for specific games to apply to slot#1. Once you're done with that game, simply switch to the 1st slot. Or switch to an empty slot (3 or 4) to disable remap for the controller.

Comment

I'll give that a try, it sounds like that'll work for my purposes. Thank you for the assistance!

Comment

Working...
              X