Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deastiny 2 - Advanced Mouse Settings

Hello,
    Everything seems to be working fine, but there are a few small things to adjust:

1. Reload is on the same controller "Key" as a special action, the difference being that the special action is a Long Press (or double click on another character).
    How can I map this ?
    Can I do in such a way to map for both type of characters ?

2. In the profile I am using, there is a different Shift for Aiming (ZoomIn) vs Hip Fire.
    It seems it has a different sensibility (posted below):
    However, when Aiming is very hard to move the mouse horizontaly on target, as it "stops" before moving on top of the target.
    Also on some cases the same happens verticaly ... you practicaly cant lower the cursor, so you shoot above the target.
    Any sugestions ?

PS: I read the Mouse Advanced Setting, but not sure how all fit in practice .. mouse High Zone, mapping on High Zone (used when/why ?), noize etc. A practical example would be great!

Thank you!

Pic1: HipFire.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	227
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	240077​Pic2: Aimed/ZoomIn

Views:	156
Size:	462.4 KB
ID:	240078

Hey there!

1. It’s not entirely clear what kind of emulation you want to achieve. How exactly do you want to physically press the reload button so that it provokes different actions for different types of characters? Please clarify this point in more detail.

2. I’m afraid I won’t tell you anything new besides what’s in the article. You need to play with the sensitivity and response curve settings to get the best possible virtual stick behavior.​

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. Controller Square = SQ
      I have R->SQ that works fine (Reload)
      I want a mouse button to (Mapped to V in the Mouse software):
      - On Click -> Double Click on SQ
      - On Hold -> Hold on SQ
      Can I than map "Mouse" V within the same mapping, to have both ?

2. Fair .. maybe a few (slightly) targeted questions:
      - Zone Shape: What are the 2 circles representing ? I can change the smaller one ... to what point ? Is a portion of the screen ?
      - Smoothing and noise filter .. I understand the explanation technically, but not sure the usage ... how will those make sense as a starting point for the Hip-Fire respectively Zoomed/AimedFire ? What a general rule ?
      - Direction & To .. I see they have a default ... here I don't understand the potential usage .. any example ?

Thank you!

Comment

1. Remap [V] using [Single Press] and [Hold Press] activators. The first one would require you to use a [Combo] with [Pause between keys/iterations] set to 20ms and two [Iterations] of [SQ] button.
        2. On your screenshots, the X-axis sensitivity is slightly lower than the Y-axis sensitivity. Setting the same values for both might help.
          Zone Shape:
          It is technically the speed of your mouse. Unfortunately, I don't have a formula to convert zone values to actual speed.
          Smoothing/Noise filter:
          I don't understand the question. The first one does not move the stick instantly and applies "inertia" instead. The second ignores small mouse movements.
          Direction:
          Zones can be remapped to almost everything. While the remapped value is within the Zone, the mapping will be "held". This feature is more useful to sticks than a mouse. For example, let's say you are playing some MMORPG game that needs you to hold [RMB] to turn the camera around. In this case, you would maximize the High zone and remap it to [RMB]. As a result, [RMB] will be held on any mouse movement.

Comment

1. I réalised after I wrote you can do both in the same time. This will work. Thank you.
          2. I will test.
          A few more stupid questions:
          Zone: is more clear now … but what is that circle and what does it do is smaller/bigger ?
          noise/Smooth … clear … when would you want to ignore mouse movements .
          Direction: the concept of a zone … being remapped is confusing … you just said a zone is .. the sensibility … now mapping this is a concept that is hard to grasp

thank you!

Comment

Zone Circles make sense for stick mappings and don't mean much for mouse-to-stick mappings. I suggest ignoring them.

Mouse Zones are technically a speed range. Direction is a direction where you move the mouse. So, if you remap the Up direction of a High Zone, you will trigger that mapping only when you move your mouse up fast enough to reach the High Zone.

Comment

Thnak you!
              So practical no use for the zone if I want mouse-controller mapping.
              Also the Aimed setting were practicaly done by the author to lower the mouse sensitivity when Aimed (as some games have this in settings).
              I assume I need to play with those to fit my Screen size, General Mouse sensitivity, depends on FOV maybe ?, even gun zoom gun etc.

Comment

Hi,
                Seems the Mouse -> V -> SQ mapprting does not work for me (neither hold nor long press).
                So I am doing smth wrong
                Do you spot anything ?

PS: If I exit the Rewasd and pres thge mouse button works fine ...

Views:	145
Size:	312.2 KB
ID:	240123

Views:	134
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	240124

Views:	139
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	240125

Comment

Please send us the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
                  We need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

Thank you!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately, the mapping that you mentioned is not in the config that you sent us.

Also, in your screenshots, you show completely different mappings.
                      If you need a [square] button, then you need to select it from the controller mappings. In your screenshot, you have selected the [STOP] mapping from the keyboard keys instead of the [square] button mapping.​​

Comment

Ah lol on the Stop . I fixed now.

The V mapping is in the mouse button mapping, not on keayboard. I am reataching it with the Stop fixed and another small fix, however still does not work
                        PS:When I press the Mouse (V) button, it reloads the weapon, as the SQ is also Reload when single press.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Solved.
                          Well .. It seems that on controller I need double/long on o not SQ ...

Comment

Working...
                          X