Partially combine 2 controllers into 1 virtual controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partially combine 2 controllers into 1 virtual controller

Hi! There are a couple of games that don't have regular support for more than 4 controllers. Those games make 2 player share 1 controller to make it possible to play with 8 people. Party Golf is an example.

I have 8 controllers lying around so I don't want to be forced to share controllers. That's why I'd like to combine 8 actual controllers into 4 virtual controllers. However, for example, I want to map the left stick of controller 1 to the left stick of virtual controller 1 and the left stick of controller 2 to the right stick of virtual controller 1. And the other sticks from both controllers should be set to do nothing. Is this possible via reWASD? And if so, how do I set that up?

I've found a Reddit comment that states that it should be possible. But I've been looking around the interface for an hour or 2 with Google and ChatGPT as assistance but I couldn't figure it out. I have all the advanced features activated

Any help is appreciated!

First, you need to group two of your controllers together. You can find out who is who with the help of device detection mode. You can rename all detected devices for easier navigation in the future.
    To remap these two controllers differently, you have to add another "Gamepad" sub-config. They will apply according to the order of devices in the group.
    Since you are applying only half of a controller, you would need to Mute the other half (Advanced Mapping feature is required for this feature).
    To remap a stick to a virtual one, simply select one of its four directions and enable the Left/Right Stick option.

Once done setting up the config, apply it via "Apply to Slot 1" button to this group, and repeat the same process for other controller pairs.

Comment

Perfect thank you so much! I just needed to get my head wrapped around the way reWASD works I guess. What threw me off a bit was that both controllers in the group trigger the 'button-hook' on every controller page. So I thought that both controllers were active on all pages.

Comment

I do have one more question I'm afraid. How are the different virtual controllers represented in the interface? Are those the different configs under the game profile? And how do I assign specific controller groups to the different configs then?

And am I correct in thinking that I don't need the different slots? I just want one total configuration for the game profile.

Comment

>How are the different virtual controllers represented in the interface?
          They are not. If a config uses a virtual controller, it will be added once applied.

>Are those the different configs under the game profile?
          No. Profiles are technically folders with their own associated apps lists used with [Autodetect] feature. Configs within are files. You can apply up to four of them via [Autodetect] if you have the [Slots] feature.

>And how do I assign specific controller groups to the different configs then?
          In reWASD you apply a config to a device or group of devices. It will stay applied until you disable remap for that group (via [Turn remap OFF] command, or [Power Button]) or for all devices entirely (via CTRL+ALT+DEL shortcut or "Turn remap OFF" option of Tray Agent menu). reWASD will also remember the last config used on the group, so selecting every group and clicking [Apply] should be enough once you set everything up.

>And am I correct in thinking that I don't need the different slots?
          Yes. You don't need [Slots] to remap a group with one config.

Comment

Okay, thanks so much for the help!

Comment

Working...
            X