Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto-switch profile with separate controllers and profile with grouped controllers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-switch profile with separate controllers and profile with grouped controllers?

Hello again! I have a question about automatically switching between a setup where each controller is mapped to an individual virtual controller and a setup where 2 controllers are combined into 1 virtual controllers. Because as I understand it right now a profile/config is applied to a controller or controller group. And you need to manually make/unmake controller groups using the reWASD device panel.

So, say I have 9 controllers and the following 2 profiles.
    1. Profile 1: 8 controllers are mapped to separate virtual controllers, resulting in 8 virtual controllers. 1 controller is mapped to keyboard/mouse.
    2. Profile 2: There are 4 controller groups mapped to virtual controllers, resulting in 4 virtual controllers. 1 controller is mapped to keyboard/mouse.
    ​Would it be possible to switch between these 2 setups on the fly? Based on game exes for example, or if that's not possible via button shortcuts.

Hi. Unfortunately, the maximum number of devices you can use simultaneously within one config/profile is 4, since you cannot add more than 4 devices to a group.

You can use the Slots feature and apply different configs to groups of your devices. You can switch between slots by pressing the selected shortcut.
    You can learn more about the Slots feature in this article.

Comment

HI Strokel, thank you for the reply!

I don't think I fully understand you unfortunately. I've attached 2 pictures of profiles that individually both work as intended. However, 1 profile makes use of grouped controllers and the other makes use of separate controllers (see the device panel in the pictures). The way it seems now I can not switch between these profiles without manually grouping or ungrouping the controllers each time.

Is that correct or am I missing something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile-1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	240167

Name:	Profile-2.png
Views:	112
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	240168

Comment

Sorry, disregard the first picture. I can't edit my post it seems. But see the picture below for what I actually mean.

Name:	Profile-0.png
Views:	106
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	240170

Comment

You cannot switch profiles for different groups of devices via reWASD (except the manual switch that you mentioned).
          You can use slots to switch configs using a custom shortcut. But this only works within one group of devices.​

Comment

I see, that's unfortunate. But good to know, thanks!

Comment

By the way, if it would be possible to group/ungroup controllers via the command line that would already make a big difference.

Comment

We will think about it, but I don’t think that option will appear, given the specifics of how groups work.

Comment

Working...
                X