Trackmania 100% steering issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackmania 100% steering issue

Hi, bought reWASD some months ago and was super happy with how i could get the full potensial out of my xbox elite controller. But it was a short happiness... I keept crashing corners and missing lines i never missed before. I the activated a controller plugin to see if my suspicion was correct. And indeed it was. The controller never get to 100% steering. At best i get 99%, but as an full on racing game, with quick turns and alot of them, most of my inputs are around 90%. I have searched the great internet, and also this forum, but can not find out how to set the stick correct.

I found some posts with similare issues, but nothing fixing it. Is this something that is possible to make happen with reWASD as it is now?
    Ill add some pictures, and hope i still can use the software

Sorry for the bad written English
    Attached Files

Hello!
    Could you specify - does this issue persist only with a reWASD?

Comment

Yes, when reWASD is not Running i get 100% everytime. Cause the 100% deadzone seems larger.

Comment

Try to change Stick squareness settings.
        You can choose one from several predefined options or crate your own
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	326
Size:	761.4 KB
ID:	240226

Comment

I tried that, but didnt seem to have an impact. After i set it to square, i saved to slot one. But Notting changed. Restarted the game, and the pc. But this is the thing to make it happen?

Comment

Don't forget to click [Apply to slot...] after you make the changes in the virtual controller. Then, open this tester and check if some changes occur.

Comment

How does the square stick work? Mine still works as a circular stick when the option is ticked on. And max turning prosent is still 98 - 99 only when reWASD is running. When i turn it off, my prosent is 100 all the way... Love the program, but dont get this...

Comment

Square Stick converts circle values to the square ones. For example, if you deflect a stick in NW direction at 100%, stick values would be somewhere around 0.45. Square Stick would force these values to 1.00. It does not affect maximum deflection on axes and does not allow going over 1.00 on them or any other direction.

Check this article for more information about Square Sticks.

Comment

Hi again and thanks for all help! I finaly figured out what the problem was... For some reason xbox 360 controller was set as default. Just changed that to xbox one, and there it worked
                  Thanks again for all help!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Glad to know.
                    Should you have any other questions or require further assistance, please let us know.

Comment

Adjusting the deadzone settings in reWASD might help improve the accuracy of your controller's steering.
                      Last edited by Lawrence Gleason; 03.04.2024, 02:44.

Comment

Working...
                      X