malware warning from ESET ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malware warning from ESET ?

Today, the ESET firewall on my computer suddenly issued a malware warning for rewasd, stating that it contains win32/avbdiscsoft.c and is labeled as "potentially unwanted content." Almost all .exe, .dll, and related temp files trigger this warning.

I have had rewasd installed for a long time, and this warning only surfaced today. I deleted the old version, downloaded the latest version, but the new installation file also triggered the same warning.

I downloaded other .exe files, and no warnings were issued. It seems to be specific to files related to rewasd.

I believe this is likely a false alarm, but I still wanted to notify you here.

Hello!

It looks like ESET decided to brand all our products unsafe because one of them (DAEMON Tools Lite, which is free) includes promotional/ad content.

I can only state that reWASD does not include any Adware or PUA, and this is a false positive, based on "known to", rather than actually checking the installer for anything "potentially unwanted."

Comment

Originally Posted by Gogeba View Post
      Hello!

It looks like some ESET decided to brand all our products unsafe because one of them (DAEMON Tools Lite, which is free) includes promotional/ad content.

Once again, I can only state that reWASD does not include any Adware or PUA, and this is a false positive, based on "known to", rather than actually checking the installer for anything "potentially unwanted."
      That's nice and all, but even after clicking Ignore, excluding the files from detection etc. it's still throwing a popup telling me there's a potential threat. I'm not going to remove my antivirus from my PC, so I'd figure it's up to you guys to work it out with ESET?

Comment

We have already contacted ESET regarding that issue.
        But there is nothing to say at the moment.​

Comment

Came here looking for this same thing. I've been using ReWASD for a couple of years, and just the other day ESET started freaking out about it. Even if I tell it to ignore it, still no go. I had to uninstall ReWASD in the mean time, and remove the downloaded installer. Hope you hear back from ESET and they can resolve this!

Comment

I encountered the same issue when I recently looked for a solution. I've been a user of ReWASD for a few years, and just recently ESET started flagging it. Even if I try to exclude it, it doesn't work. I had to uninstall ReWASD temporarily and delete the downloaded installer. Hopefully, you receive a response from ESET, and they can address this!

Comment

Working...
            X