Start/Back on group controller not always recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start/Back on group controller not always recognized

I’ve been banging my head trying to work this out.

Controller Group mapped to default Xbox 360 profile contains two controllers. Assigned to slot 1. Physical controllers hidden so only the reWASD virtual controller appears in the windows USB gamepad list. Group contains…

#1 - 8Bitdo wireless controller in X-input mode.
    #2 - Virtual Xbox 360 controller via Moonlight app.

Some applications don’t recognize the start/menu buttons when they are pressed on the 8Bitdo controller but they do recognize those buttons when pressed on the Virtual controller from the moonlight streaming app.

not all apps act this way. Main issue is Retroarch as I need to be able to hit start buttons for many console and arcade games.

i can’t work out why controllers would be seen differently by an app when they are both supposed to be remapping through the reWASD virtual device and hidden from other apps.

If clicks are recognized in some applications, but not in others, then it is quite possible that the problem is in the game itself.

Check to see if the 8BitDo controller's button presses are consistently recognized in this virtual controller tester.​

Comment

Working...
    X