Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vader 3 Pro Stops Working Mid-Game, Stuck Movement Input

This happens to me very consistently.

Using the dongle on my Vader 3 Pro, connected in android mode as rewasd recommends that for remapping input. I'll be playing for a bit, somewhere between 30 mins and an hour, and then the controller will freeze up and continue spamming my last left stick input without anything on the controller working.

The controller light still shows as connected, windows still sees it as connected, and I don't get any disconnect notifications or sounds.

The only way to get it to stop spamming the input and work again is to either turn the controller off and on, or unplug and re-plug the USB dongle. Basically disconnect and reconnect.

Firmware is updated to the latest version, changing USB ports doesn't prevent this from happening, and re-applying the rewasd profile once it happens doesn't fix it either.
    This does not happen if I play with the controller in windows mode, but then I can't use rewasd to remap the rear paddles.

Any ideas?​
    Last edited by NikkMann; 29.12.2023, 19:14.

I was informed that this is a known issue.

reWASD devs at this moment cannot do anything from their side as it seems some firmware issue with the dongle - it stops sending buttons reports via DInput sometimes. Replugging it indeed helps. We hope Flydigi makes some firmware updates.

Comment

So its completely unrelated to rewasd? Just something that always happens with the controller in android mode? Darn.

Comment

Yes. Unfortunately, we cannot fix this on our end as this issue is not related to reWASD.

Comment

Originally Posted by NikkMann View Post
          So its completely unrelated to rewasd? Just something that always happens with the controller in android mode? Darn.
          Originally Posted by strokel View Post
          Yes. Unfortunately, we cannot fix this on our end as this issue is not related to reWASD.
          I've tested the controller in Android mode without reWASD and this isn't true. The "disconnect" issue only happens when using the controller with reWASD. To be honest it almost seems like adversarial design. That or it's entering a special mode to work with reWASD that wasn't tested very well.

Comment

You're right, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a problem with how reWASD interacts with the Flydigi firmware, and that firmware needs to be fixed.

Comment

Also updating this thread, the issue also happens when plugged directly to the pc via usb cable.

Comment

Originally Posted by OverTheEDJe View Post
                Also updating this thread, the issue also happens when plugged directly to the pc via usb cable.
                Vader 3 or pro?

Comment

Our next update will address this issue.

Comment

Originally Posted by MuSoL79 View Post

Vader 3 or pro?
                    Vader 3 Pro

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
                      Our next update will address this issue.
                      Awesome. Any ETA on this update?

Comment

Hi majorzero

You can find a post about the update status here.

Comment

Working...
                        X