Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can reWASD reverse a button's pressed/non-pressed status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can reWASD reverse a button's pressed/non-pressed status?

Hi All;

I admit I may be unique in the universe for having this problem...

I found a foot pedal module for an electronic keyboard at the Salvation Army. I figured I'd use a USB Controller Adapter (Xinmotek XM-08) to turn it into a foot pedal controller for light gun games and such.

Imagine my surprise when I found the switches are normally closed. So if I wired it up as is: All buttons would be normally pressed, and stepping on a pedal would release a button.
    (The switches do not have a normally open contact, and they do not have a standard form factor.)

Can reWASD (or any other Windows utility) reverse this behavior?

Thanks for your help!

- Mark

Hey there!

To be honest, I didn’t really understand your request.

1. Could you rephrase it?
    2. How are your pedals detected in reWASD?​

Comment

1ncorrect : Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't see it earlier. I subscribed to the thread, but did not receive any notices.

The pedals are seen as a normal generic USB Game Controller. It's just that only buttons 1 - 4 are hooked up. Normally buttons 1-4 are shown as pressed. When I step on one of the four pedals, the corresponding USB Game Controller button changes to not-pressed.

I just want to reverse this behavior, so normally the USB Game Controller button shows as not-pressed, and stepping on a pedal changes the corresponding USB Game Controller button to pressed.

Thank you for your help!

- Mark

Comment

@1ncorrect :​

P.S. At the moment I'm just using the Windows USB Game Controller Settings Panel. I'm trying to see if reWSAD will do what I want before purchasing it.

Comment

Working...
        X