Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD is now banned

Hello,
    reWASD got banned by RICOCHET in warzone,is there a way to work around it ?

Thanks

We don't plan to make any "workarounds" related to this.

Comment

reWASD is a legitimate program with many features used by many people for legal purposes. So we should not hide it from other applications and do not plan to do it. On the other hand, some people may also use it for cheating purposes, so it is understandable why some game developer may blacklist it. If you think you use it for legitimate purposes (eg. you are disabled gamer and need some keys remapped etc) then you should better contact game support and ask them why they did this.

Comment

man im devastated, I use this for accessible reasons and now I can't play

Comment

Its ok, activision make decision for them self lets ban rewasd, but i need to uninstall rewasd just to start the game, this is bothering me

Comment

there are countless people who also use reawsd for other programmes. i think you know that ricochet not only restricts the use of ingame but it must not even be installed. Which means that you can't use reawsd anymore and have to uninstall it to be able to start a game with ricochet at all, no matter if you use it or not.

So anyone who has bought reawsd for whatever purpose can no longer use their pc for games. that can't be legal.

maybe you should put a notice on the website that users of reawsd can no longer play games with ricochet without uninstalling reaswd and thus reawsd is actually completely useless​

Comment

Same thing.. this morning the game won't load and then i found out that they block rewasd.. im devastated too.. And maybe they let controller player to use DS4 to get stronger Aim Assist.. Stupid Activision..

Really is there no other option ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
                We don't plan to make any "workarounds" related to this.
                That's a tough call, is this official?

The problem is that if this stays in effect all online shooters are going to run the same guidelines.

Right now, reWASD doesn't even have to be running to be flagged. If you have reWASD installed but not running you still won't be able to launch CoD games such as MW3 or Warzone.

It's very much an ultimatum which most basic users are going to uninstall reWASD so they can play online shooter with their friends. I'll die on the reWASD hill so I can continue to play my retro games and Playstation Plus games, but I'd say the majority would rather just uninstall it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Howdy_McGee View Post

That's a tough call, is this official?

The problem is that if this stays in effect all online shooters are going to run the same guidelines.

Right now, reWASD doesn't even have to be running to be flagged. If you have reWASD installed but not running you still won't be able to launch CoD games such as MW3 or Warzone.

It's very much an ultimatum which most basic users are going to uninstall reWASD so they can play online shooter with their friends. I'll die on the reWASD hill so I can continue to play my retro games and Playstation Plus games, but I'd say the majority would rather just uninstall it.
                  Yes, this is official.
                  But, we are actively working towards finding a compromise with Activision to resolve the issue.

Comment

Ich habe mir das Programm gekauft, um WSAD auf einen Xbox Controller zu legen, um diesen mit dem Handballen zu steuern, da ich an der linken Hand die Finger nicht bewegen kann.

Comment

Hi p21121970

We are aware of the situation and appreciate your participation in our community.

We would be grateful if you also wrote your appeal to Activision, describing the situation, stating that you did not use reWASD to gain an advantage over other players, and highlighting how our software was helpful in your case.

We are firmly working to find a compromise solution to provide you with an experience using reWASD while maintaining compliance with the rules and requirements of fair play within the gaming community.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. Thank you for being a part of the reWASD community!​

Comment

I can't believe I bought rewasd less than a week ago and now this crap. What a waste of money

Comment

Originally Posted by ozzo View Post
                          I can't believe I bought rewasd less than a week ago and now this crap. What a waste of money
                          1. As was mentioned earlier - we are actively working towards finding a compromise to resolve the issue with Activision.
                          2. reWASD is designed to remap the devices, not the specific games, so it still can be used in other games/software.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gogeba View Post

1. As was mentioned earlier - we are actively working towards finding a compromise to resolve the issue with Activision.
                            2. reWASD is designed to remap the devices, not the specific games, so it still can be used in other games/software.
                            But if we come to the point, they banned this software and not ds4? which is also ultimately a reallocator

Comment

Originally Posted by 7Dreams View Post

But if we come to the point, they banned this software and not ds4? which is also ultimately a reallocator
                              This is a question that should be asked of Activision, but not of us.

Comment

Working...
                              X