Controller being seen as a keyboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller being seen as a keyboard?

Hi , just wondering , can reWASD be set up so your controller is seen as a keyboard?

reWASD can remap any supported device to a mouse, keyboard, or controller input.
    While it is possible to replace a physical controller in the system with a virtual one, reWASD cannot yet hide a specific controller.

We suggest you [Mute] the native controller inputs so that only remapped keyboard input will be visible to the system.

Comment

So how do you use mute? I mean if you map controller buttons to keyboard , then mute it , does that not mute everything you mapped as well?

Comment

No, it doesn't.

Comment

So in order to use muting , do i have to buy advanced mapping too?

Comment

Yes. For [Mute] to work on controller inputs, the [Advanced Mapping] feature is required.

Comment

Though i noticed that if i mute the whole controller and map WASD to the left stick , then when i push W for forward , the mouse look will not turn the character while forward is held.

Comment

I'm afraid I do not understand your situation.

If you are remapping the controller to keyboard inputs to use it together with a mouse, you are required to have the [Advanced Mapping] feature activated and have to [Mute] all controller inputs so that the game would see only the remapped keyboard ones.
                Otherwise, the game might switch to the "controller only" scheme and will ignore any inputs from your mouse and keyboard, which seems to be happening in your case.

Comment

So i just tried the 3 day advanced ,mapping trial to see what happens and now the character does turn with the mouse while pushing forward on the stick. This may be just what i need.

Comment

I think i bought the advanced mapping , but that is one confusing series of events , i can hardly tell if i actually bought it or not, how can i tell?

Comment

when i clicked on " activate" , under advanced mappings it gives me a short description and a " learn more " link , but if i click that link , it takes me to the site and says buy now advanced mapping, there is also a "download" button there , but i think it's activated. On the site where it is bought it shows todays payment , but doesn't say what its for.

Comment

On the Daemon tools site i mean.

Comment

Hi. All functionality of your license is displayed in the license section in the reWASD app and also under the serial number in your personal account.

If you have any further questions about your license or payments, please contact us by email at [help@rewasd.com] using the email address you provided at the time of purchase.

Comment

yea in the account " my licenses" page i guess it does show 2 open dots and a triangle like icon under the reWASD license , when i hover over that icon , it says it's the advanced mapping.

Comment

You can hover over a feature in the application, and it will say, “The *feature name* is paid”, which means that this feature is included in the functionality of your license.

Comment

Working...
                              X