Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific question about mouse latency

Hello!

I've read that it adds a certain input latency when I remap mouse buttons with reWASD. However, I read in another post that reWASD adds no additional latency at all and that the virtual controller has exactly the same values as the physical device. Is that actually true?

For example, if I use a mouse with a click latency of 2.0 ms, will reWASD add extra milliseconds? And what about polling rate? Would reWASD have a negative impact on a mouse with 8000 hz polling rate?

And: If I use reWASD to only rebind the side buttons, would that affect my cursor performance at all?

Thanks in advance!

The reWASD virtual controllers don't really add any additional input lag. And the direct input delay of our virtual controllers is less than 5ms.

If your mouse works as a mouse, and you have remapped the side buttons to controller buttons, then you may experience additional input lag in-game due to input constantly switching from kb&m to controller.​

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply! I'm totally lost on this, so I deeply appreciate it!

Okay, I understand.

I think it's debatable whether this is really noticeable or not - but when I pay such a high price for a mouse, I simply don't want to limit its capabilities (or want to lose a competitive edge). My Logitech G PRO X, for example, is said to have a click latency of 2 ms. So with reWASD enabled, I can expect a click latency of about 5 ms ...? Or is that not how it works?

Comment

A 5ms latency happens in the worst-case scenario.

Comment

Thank you!

But that additional latency affects all button, as soon as I remap ANY mouse button – is that correct? So, even if minimal, reWASD will have a certain effect on, for example, my right mouse click and sensor latency, even if I just rebound mouse button 4 to space, right?

Is there a way to tell, if reWASD is creating that virtual controller? Or is it definiately off, as soon as I press this button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	86
Size:	553 Bytes
ID:	241606

I really appreciate you talking the time for my questions!

Comment

There is no latency when remapping mouse or keyboard to virtual mouse or keyboard inputs.

When a config requires a virtual controller, its icon will appear next to the [Radar] icon at the bottom left corner of the app.
            Applying such a config will create a virtual controller in the system. Turning the remap off will remove it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	virtual.controller.png
Views:	102
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	241609

You can use Windows "joy.cpl" tool to check the list of all controllers detected by the system at the moment (type "joy.cpl" into Windows Start Menu to open the tool).

Comment

Wow, that's great! Thank you so much for taking the time and clearing that out!

Comment

Working...
              X