Radial Menu and multiple controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radial Menu and multiple controllers

I have defined layout with radial menu. I applied same layout to 2 controllers.

Seems both controller "share" that radial menu... i.e. both controllers can navigate same radial menu.

So my question is

Same layout ... and radial menu is set to push button A ... how it will behave in this scenario

controller 1 calls radial menu ... but controller 2 triggers action ... does button A of controller 1 (since its the one initiated the radial menu) or button A of controller 2 (since it's the one that actually triggers action) gets triggered?

Another case ... 2 layout with different radial menus ... each lauout is applied to separate controllers.

In this case ... when radial menu is called ... correct radial menu appears depending on which controller called it. There is some flickering when different radial menu gets called (I.e. controller 1 calls radial menu - it appears perfectly ... then radial menu is closed... and controller 2 calls radial menu - there is some flickering before a new radial menu is displayed)

Also ... with 2 different layouts ... one controller can control both radial menus... another controller can only control its own radial menu.

Very confusing behavior.

Hi. Could you please clarify, did you group your controllers or apply configs to them separately?

Comment

Apply separately to each controller. No grouping.

For case when 2 controllers have 2 separate layouts. If controller 1 open its Radial Menu ... and controller 2 close it (using toggle jump to layer) ... then when controller 1 opens radial menu again, controller 2 can control that radial menu

Comment

Actually it's same behavior for 2 controller with same layout.

Basically if one controller open and close its own radial menu, then second controller cannot access it.

But if controller 1 opens radial menu ... and controller 2 tries to open its own radial menu, then radial menu 1 will be closed. After that ... if controller 1 opens radial menu, controller 2 can control it.

Comment

This use case gives us a lot to think about, as we did not expect our users to have multiple Radial Menus active at the same time. Thank you for pointing it out.

Comment

I actually did not plan to have multiple redial menus active at the same time. I was just testing how this behaves when multiple users try to open it at same time. I am actually pretty happy with one radial menu open at a time (though it would be nice to be able to tell which controller open the radial menu ... perhaps with different color scheme or with name of the controller shown?)

My use case does not involve streamlining access to game controls (like changing weapons, enabling rapid fire ... as it is too slow for my taste). My use case is to provide menu for emulators ... stuff like quit emulator, reset it, rewind/fast forward it, save/load state. And if you implement it - to change shift layer/slot in radial menu (for example to select layout that swaps A button with B).

Comment

If you want to make menus somehow unique for every controller, you would have to use different configs for each of them, for example, by having different icons and descriptions for some menu sectors.

Changing [Shift ]layers directly from the [Radial Menu] is impossible in the current version of reWASD. We will consider changing this in future updates.

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
                If you want to make menus somehow unique for every controller, you would have to use different configs for each of them, for example, by having different icons and descriptions for some menu sectors.

Changing [Shift ]layers directly from the [Radial Menu] is impossible in the current version of reWASD. We will consider changing this in future updates.
                If nothing else, at least we found a bug that allows one controller to screw radial menu for another controller lol ... that hopefully get fixed in next release.

If you do decide to implement shift layers for radial menu [fingers crossed] ... please also consider changing slots in radial menu too ... Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X