Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inheritance

Hi,

I'm currently messing around with shift-layers, I want to disable Shift-Layer 1, from inheriting a "long press" input from the Main Layer, however, I'm unable to do so, as I do not see the option for "Do not inherit" in the "long press" tab. I

I only see the option to disable inheritance, in the single press tab, is there a work-around for this?

Remap the [Single Press] activator to whatever you need or to [Do not inherit], and have the [Hold Press] activator remapped to [None] on that Shift layer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
      Remap the [Single Press] activator to whatever you need or to [Do not inherit], and have the [Hold Press] activator remapped to [None] on that Shift layer.
      Thanks for the quick reply,

It seems that everything I change in the shift layer, is inherited to the main layer, so even when I set [Hold Press] to [None] in shift-layer 1, the [Hold Press] activator is also set to [None] in the main layer​

Comment

Do you have the [Hold Press] activator also act as a Shift Jumper? In that case, the mappings must be identical for this activator on both Layers. This limitation cannot be avoided.

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
          Do you have the [Hold Press] activator also act as a Shift Jumper? In that case, the mappings must be identical for this activator on both Layers. This limitation cannot be avoided.
          Long press is not a shift jumper, however, double press activator is a shift jumper, could that be the problem as to why I'm unable to bind long press to different buttons in the main layer and shift layer?

Comment

This is not a problem but a technical limitation: when a [Hold/Double/Triple Press] activator is used as a Shift Jump, all mappings on this button must be identical between this and the target Shift.

Comment

Working...
            X