Default Gyro axis in Switch Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Gyro axis in Switch Pro

I've noticed that for some reason when I connect my gamepad (Gulikit KK3 Max or KK2 Pro) in Switch Pro mode, it does properly get recognized as Switch Pro gamepad, but for some reason specifically in ReWASD default Gyro behavior have Y and Z axis swapped, and I have to map some button to change it? Why is that, and why is default behavior so backwards, cause it literally makes 'Lean' controls not mean leaning, because they're on Y axis? can we just have a setting that sets default behavior so we only have to map button if for some unknown reason user really wants to? and then for that matter I think it would also help specifying for 'swap axis' which axis to swap with what. could be useful for some Wii games for example that require doing some actions with controller turned 90 degrees, which can be uncomfortable using a gamepad.

Additionally, when using Combo feature, Gyro settings aren't present, and generally there are lot less options whan when mapping to single function. so I can't even map single button to toggle Gyro and switch axis at the same time as workaround.

Are you able to record a video where the issue will be captured? I guess it will help to avoid misunderstanding as I don't have such gamepads on my hand and can't test on the fly

Also, what do you mean by when using Combo feature, Gyro settings aren't present? Please send the config you have.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
      Are you able to record a video where the issue will be captured? I guess it will help to avoid misunderstanding as I don't have such gamepads on my hand and can't test on the fly

Also, what do you mean by when using Combo feature, Gyro settings aren't present? Please send the config you have.
      alright, here's the video demonstration of how gyro works when you simply map it to right stick. it deflects left and right only when leaning, while leaning is supposed to be separate extra mapping that I haven't even mapped to anything.
      OneDrive photos, enjoy, share & organize your photos

and about Combo feature, when I try to map say Screenshot or any button on my Switch layout, even if I set it to not emulate any gamepad and represent physical device, I still only have all the buttons of the gamepad as options to use in Combo sequence, I can't use commands like Turn Gyro on and Switch Gyro axis.

Comment

Try changing the [Gyro steering axis] option at [Preferences > Gamepads].

[Combo] editor does not have command nodes. Try using different button activators instead.

Comment

Thanks! didn't realise there was a default setting after all, that solves the issue pretty much. Just weird that it was set to wrong axis by default, plus I think it would be better to be able to set axis in advanced settings for Sticks, you might wanna use different axis for different sticks in different layer modes for example.

Comment

Working...
          X