Frame Drops (FPS Drops)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Drops (FPS Drops)

I bought my friend a license key for reWASD on Sep 9th, 2023. Everything has been going smoothly until about a week ago.

He's been experiencing massive frame drops while playing with a controller. His CPU usage increases by about 10%, and his GPU usage decreases by 30-40%. I've checked the forum and instructed him to follow the advice given, which he did, but he's still facing the same issue.

Even when he turns off reWASD, it still causes the same issues as if it were still on. He decided to uninstall reWASD to see if that would fix his issue, and it did. However, when he reinstalled it, the issue persisted.

Is there anything he can do to resolve this issue? We've tried many other troubleshooting methods outside of reWASD, but none of them have helped.​ Thanks!

The most common issue is double input, which forces the game to switch between controller and mouse&keyboard control schemes constantly.
    Muting all mappings in your config, or enabling an in-game option to show/listen to controller inputs only should fix the issue.
    You should also check that your mouse and keyboard are properly initialized and in the group of devices you are remapping. For instructions, check case #24 here.

While the possibility is low, the Tray Agent's Overlay might be involved. We suggest closing it before starting the game to check if it is.

Comment

He muted everything, but it didn't fix the issue. The mouse and keyboard are properly initialized and included in the group of devices he's remapping. Disabling the Tray Agent also didn't resolve the problem.

Comment

Please let me know the FPS drop. Exactly how much fps is dropping? I mean, what is the average FPS when reWASD is on and when it is off

Also, try to disabe reWASD overlay at all.

Comment

A solid 60fps when uninstalled, drops to 20fps when installed whether its on or off. Tested on Fortnite

Comment

Originally Posted by AstroVX View Post
            A solid 60fps when uninstalled, drops to 20fps when installed whether its on or off. Tested on Fortnite
            Since we have not yet been able to reproduce this problem on our side, we would be grateful if you could provide the following details:

- What screen mode does your friend use (fullscreen, windowed borderless)?
            - Is FPS locked or not (it seems like it is, but still)?
            - Is V-sync (or its analogs) are enabled?

If any other information may seem related to this issue, feel free to share it.

Comment

Windowed borderless, but he tried fullscreen and it still drops fps. fps is locked to 60 and v-sync is enabled. Henow says when he disables the controller input on rewasd and completely closes it, the frames go back to 60.

Comment

We will be grateful if you send us the following information:
                1. Config that is used. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
                We need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
                2. Video of how the user applies the config, then launches the game and observes frame loss.

Thanks in advance.​​

Comment

reWASD frame drops (youtube.com)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Please let us know the PC specs and Fortnite settings that your friend has set up.

Comment

Graphics Card - RTX 1660
                      Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3.70 GHz
                      Installed RAM - 16.0 GB
                      System type - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
                      OS - Windows 10

1920x1080 16:9
                      Vsync - Off
                      FPS Limit - 60
                      Rendering Mode - Directx 11
                      Quality Presets - High
                      Anti-aliasing and Super Resolution - TSR Epic
                      Temporal Super Resolution - Recommended
                      Dynaminc 3D Resolution - Off
                      Nanite Virtualized Geometry - Off
                      Shadows - High
                      Global Illumination - Ambient Occlusion
                      Reflections - Screen Space
                      View Distance - Far
                      Textures - High
                      Effects - High
                      Post Processing - High​

Comment

Most likely, this is solely related to the power of your PC.
                        If you are certain this is not the case, please send us the same video with the same locations without reWASD.

Comment

A little backstory on the PC: I acquired that PC in Q1 of 2021. A few months later, I purchased reWASD and encountered no issues with it, aside from the bug I reported a while back. I handed over that PC to my friend in Q3 of last year when I bought a new one.

Given my understanding, neither you nor I can replicate the issue he's experiencing. Since he has no issues when reWASD is uninstalled, do you think there might be something on his PC causing a conflict with reWASD?​

I'll send over the link to the video when he's able to make and upload one.​

Comment

It's possible that something is conflicting. First, I would like to look at a video without reWASD under similar conditions in the game.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X