Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug when switching to other shift layers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug when switching to other shift layers!

Hi Good day! I have encounter some bugs when switching from Shift-layer 1 to Shift-layer 2 vice versa.

Shift-layer switching is mapped at my Q (Y button controller) keyboard key that can switch Shift-layer 1 to Shift-layer 2 or vice versa which can switch my weapon in game. Each layer has a same key mappings on keyboards except on mouse left click which I have different combo recoil control for guns.The problem is when im on Shift-layer 1 then switch to Shift-layer 2 using Q keyboard button while some shift-layer 1 mapping keys was held the Shift-layer 2 mappings was not activated but on overlay notification it says im on shift layer 2 but the shift layer 1 mapping still activates.

HOW TO FIX?
    Attached Files

Could I ask you to record a video where this bug can be captured? I applied the config in the tester, and I'm afraid that I can't recognize the bug using the tester only, or I missed something

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi thanks for response..I also testing it on a tester and it works perfectly but you cant see the bug in there..it only appear or encounters in game.

And upon many hours testing it ingame,it activates when Im on shift layer 1 then pressing some keys on my keyboard or on mouse then suddenly switch it on other layer by pressing Q keyboard key..Im on shift layer 2 but the combo on shift layer 1 still kicks in not the combos on shift layer 2

Comment

And sometime when I press WASD keys for movements then suddenly switch on other shift layer my character stuck on running it only stops when i turnoff the rewasd or switching on native behavior and press WASD again

Comment

Well, since the bug is reproduced only in the game, it would be great if you recorded a video with the problem.
          Also, send me a screenshot of the General tab in reWASD Preferences.

Comment

Im sorry for late response im just busy lately..I re-create my config and I think I fix the problem that I mentioned on first but I run some bug on movement controls.

On Shift layer 2 (White Dwarf) of my config the "A keyboard key (mapped to Left Stick - Left movement) and "S keyboard key (mapped to Left Stick - Down movement) is moving inverted when pressing it. But I fix it by mapping it on inverted keybinds also but i dont think that is normal because the other layers are working perfectly please check my config and let me know what im missing.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by chromefox021; 06.04.2024, 02:03.

Comment

Not sure what could be causing it (perhaps a third party remapper or Steam controller support is causing the conflict).
              However, in my case, the mappings work exactly as specified in the White Dwarf layer. Since, as I understand it, you have already inverted the mappings as a “fix”, then A = stick right, and S = stick up, as mapped in the config.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                Not sure what could be causing it (perhaps a third party remapper or Steam controller support is causing the conflict).
                However, in my case, the mappings work exactly as specified in the White Dwarf layer. Since, as I understand it, you have already inverted the mappings as a “fix”, then A = stick right, and S = stick up, as mapped in the config.​
                Yes in the config I mapped it already on inverted stick so it work normally..but when you mapped it in normal way "A - stick left" and "S - stick down" the movement is inverted.​

Comment

As I mentioned above, in my case the config works without inversion, even if I remap A — stick to the left, S — stick down.

The problem should be looked for on your side or in your system.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                    As I mentioned above, in my case the config works without inversion, even if I remap A — stick to the left, S — stick down.

The problem should be looked for on your side or in your system.​
                    Im trying to figure it out what triggers it but cant find one..If its was on my system meaning all of the shift layers will get that inverted movement but its on shift layer 2 only.

I want to know the reason because i think its connected on my first bug that i mentioned first that fixed but new problem existed in exchanged hehe

Comment

I don't have inversion, either. The mappings work as it adjusted in reWASD

Comment

Working...
                      X