Rewasd can not detect some of my mouse buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewasd can not detect some of my mouse buttons

Rewasd can remap most of the common keys on my mouse, but it can't detect the rest of them.

I need those keys for Rewasd's layer/profile key switching, so it's important that they are detected by Rewasd.

I tried remapping those keys as keyboard keys using the mouse's own remap program, but Rewasd still doesn't recognize them. However, all games accept those keys without any problem.

Is it a no go ?

Rewasd 6.3

[ Device manager (win10) ]
    Mice and other pointing devices
    • mad catz mmo7 gaming mouse

Programming support (Created by driver ??)
    • Programmable Hotkeys
    • Programmable Root Enumerator
    • Programmable Support for keyboard
    • Programmable Support for Mouse​

Hey there!

Please update reWASD to the latest version and also review this article.

Unfortunately, none of our team members have such a mouse, so we cannot verify this, but it is likely that some buttons have limitations and cannot be remapped in this way.

Comment

My mouse is now fully remappable after upgrading to the newest version (which was not mentioned in any patch log, but that's okay... XD). However, I encountered another scary problem that was caused by myself.

Some games may not detect my physical gamepad or only partially work, so I went to the Device and Printer settings and disabled/stopped the reWASD virtual gamepad (the reWASD gamepad icon) myself to see if it would fix the issue. As far as I know, the device (any device) should be able to be re-enabled whenever I need it (normally it would just add an exclamation mark or down arrow icon in the device manager unless you uninstall it, or it should stay there). However, once I disabled it, it disappeared completely. Later, after restarting my PC, I encountered the Blue Screen of Death with the error code 0x000000D1, which is related to a driver problem. Since then, every time I try to press the "Apply to Slot" button in reWASD, the same crash happens instantly. I tried various things like upgrading, reinstalling, and uninstalling, and it somewhat solved the crash problem.

Something kind of unsettling but not a big deal... (after fixing the crash and updating)

The DualSense icon may display the wrong one (Bluetooth or wired) in the gamepad remapping screen when switching between wired or wireless mode for the DualSense controller.

When I click the radio button for the physical DualSense (I don't know what this is anyway), it returns an error message: "Unable to activate apply to a physical device. Gamepad mappings are required." ???

The "mouse pad" feature for the DualSense controller cannot emulate a whole mouse pad. Some software has already achieved this functionality. 😃

When I restart the PC (just after disabling the reWASD controller), reWASD prompts me to renew the license for some reason.

In the crash log, there is a case where a file/service named sentinel64(.sys?) crashed just before the BSOD. Is it related to reWASD?

Comment

Hi. No. It's not related to reWASD.

Comment

Working...
        X