Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions before buying the software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions before buying the software?

Hi all, I'm interested in this kind of software as I always love shortcuts and workflow improvements.

I actually have:
    • G510;
    • G13;
    • G600;
    • G502;
    • MMO7.
    All connected to my PC and I'm using the specific sofwares to manage all these devices.

I also bought a G915 but I still didn't connect it because I should then install GHub and I don't want to manage Logitech peripherals with both LGS and GHub.

I also have 3 stream decks connected to my PC for shortcuts (one MK1 and two XL).

I'm planning on buying a Tartarus Pro and maybe another multibutton mouse from Razer as the G600 got discontinued (shame on you Logitech). I love buttons and it seems that, apart from razer, no one wants to make such peripherals anymore. I especially love the MMO7, no other mouse is so well equipped with buttons.

That said I like the advanced options offered by that software, especially the radial menu I could use with professional softwares like Photoshop, Lightroom, Reaper etc...
    The native softwares I use can pretty much do almost everything I see in this software but it seems it has some extra juice I could make in a good use.

I'm trying the demo and I'd like to ask something:
    1. From what I understand I still have to install the native software for multi-button devices like mice or keyboards with macro keys. I'd like to be able to use this software alone if possible, is it?
    2. I use the RGB led of the devices a lot because they tell me some visual informations like the profile I'm using, if it is active or not, if I'm pressing a scripted button (you can do this by scripting in LGS). Are you planning on supporting the RGB leds of all the devices on the market? :P
    3. Speaking of scripting, is this software (or will be) able to do some scripting for advanced functions?
    This is all it comes to my mind right now but I could still ask some more questions in the next days.

Thank you so much.

PS I hope I choosed the right forum spot for this post.

1. If your devices have onboard memory, you only need to set them up once. After that, the native software is unnecessary.
    2. We already support quite a few devices.
    3. reWASD does not have any scripting support. Do you have an example case that cannot be solved with the current reWASD functionality?

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
      1. If your devices have onboard memory, you only need to set them up once. After that, the native software is unnecessary.
      2. We already support quite a few devices.
      3. reWASD does not have any scripting support. Do you have an example case that cannot be solved with the current reWASD functionality?
      Thank you.
      1. It makes sense but as I need some led functionalities I think I have to use also the native softwares;
      2. I saw that list but it seems there aren't still Logitech devices nor Mad Catz ones;
      3. Actually the only scripting function I'm using is changing the led color and displaying a message on the G13/G510 led panel when I press a specific button. So nothing specific but I was curios if there is that option.

Comment

No, reWASD does not have such functionality, and we recommend using only the native software of the device for similar LED settings.

Comment

Working...
        X