Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a couple questions about Steam and Xbox UWP apps

Hi!

I tried a couple searches but came up blank, so feel free to redirect me to the right information. This software looks well supported and up-to-date so I'm considering just getting it.

- There are explanations on the main website regarding Steam and the Steam Controller, but I'm not quite clear whether it works with Steam itself. As in, I'd like to keep using Steam input when Steam is running, but have the Steam Controller controlled by rewasd when Steam is not active. Is that how it works or does it take exclusive control all the time?

- I currently use other remapping software to create exceptions, so using a standard Windows Desktop profile normally, but I'll either use an exception or use a profile that remaps the controller to do nothing if the game or program already has controller support. Is this supported?

- Is there support for UWP and other XBox Game Pass games? (I'd be ok with just making general exceptions for games or apps to disable the Desktop profile... I just need to ask since UWP is really weird and program ID is a complicated thing here).​
    Last edited by Frombellang; 17.04.2024, 03:23.

Hey there!

Yes. You can use a remapped controller through reWASD in Steam.
    Unfortunately, we don't quite understand what you mean in your first question; please describe it in more detail.

We don't recommend using reWASD with third-party remappers, as we cannot guarantee the correct operation of reWASD in this case.

Yes, you can create a standard profile for the desktop in reWASD using the Autodetect feature.

Yes, reWASD works with most games except for Apex and COD.

You can download reWASD from our official website and check out all the functionality during the trial period.

Comment

Working...
    X