Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Licensing "Bug" - or a very bad "feature"!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing "Bug" - or a very bad "feature"!!

So today I booted into Windows, jumped into team chats with my friends, starting gaming, then realised that my remapping (I used it to remap a PS3 Nav controller as WASD input) was not working. When I opened ReWASD, I got this error... This is the first time I've encountered such an "error". ReWASD has normally always prompted me to update or I would see the update icon and manually trigger it. However, *NEVER* was I ever unable to use the software fully despite being 1 minor version out. I'm hoping this was perhaps a bug, otherwise this is a really rubbish (insert swear word) move!! I couldn't use rewasd until I downloaded 7.2 and then of course, it wants to reboot windows after too.... basically being a pain in the behind. It shouldn't prevent legitimate paying customers from using old version like that!

I obviously downloaded latest version, then had to find my email with license code and re-enter it and it worked fine again but that was very irritating!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5061.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1,011.0 KB
ID:	242572

Hello,
    This decision was made due to technical/security reasons related to discontinuing some versions of reWASD.
    All future updates should proceed as usual.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
    X