Error - some system error occur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error - some system error occur

Never had this problem before. But recently one of my HDD failed, so I had to reinstall Windows 11. It is a clean install.

Used reWASD720-9014.exe for installing 7.2 reWASD (revoke license from your website and apply license to new install). Installed it on D: drive with no problem. Restarted - still no problem.

Then open reWASD and it gave me error (see attached screenshot). Notice that for some reason on top-right corner it says "(Unverified License)".

If I restart reWASD using "Restart reWASD" button (see attached picture) ... then everything works fine and there is no issue with license.

But if close error screen without restarting reWASD ... and try to launce reWASD using reWASD.exe or reWASDEngine.exe (both normally and in administrative mode) - gives same error ... until i press "Restart reWASD" button on error screen.​
    Attached Files

Hi!

First, let's try to fix the "Unverified license"(probably after this, “Some system error occurred” will also disappear):

This message appears when our app cannot contact our server secure.disc-soft.com for license verification or cannot communicate with its local service.
    reWASD.exe, reWASDEngine.exe, and reWASDService.exe processes should have access to the Loopback Interface (127.0.0.1), the Local Network (192.168.0.* by default), and Internet (or at least to secure.disc-soft.com) to work properly.

If you are using Windows Firewall, ensure all reWASD rules are enabled for all network types.
    If you use third-party anti-virus or protection software, try adding all reWASD executables to the exclusions or trusted apps list.
    If you use an Eero Security service on your router, please allow the secure.disc-soft.com domain in its settings or disable the service.

To check the availability of our license verification server, do the following:
    1. Run the ping secure.disc-soft.com command. It should resolve as 161.35.212.100, and all packets must reach their destination.
    2. If secure.disc-soft.com is resolved as another IP address, open the C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file and remove any lines that contain the name of our server.
    3. Open the https://secure.disc-soft.com link in a Chrome-based browser. If everything is normal, it should redirect you to our homepage. If it does not, send us a screenshot of the page or error you see instead.
    Another possible reason of "Unverified License" error is lack of access rights to C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD\ folder.
    In most cases, closing reWASD via Tray Agent and restarting it as Administrator would be a solution.
    You can also manually set "Full access for every user" for that folder as a permanent solution.

Comment

Using BitDefender for antivirus ... added reWASD.exe, reWASDEngine.exe, and reWASDService.exe​ to exception list and everything working now ... thanks

Comment

Working...
      X