Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto switching appears to break mapping and muting

Hi, new to all this...

Been trying to set up Wooting60HE(as XBox controller) + USB Gaming Mouse for use in Outer Wilds.

Mouse movement is mapped to Right Stick.

If I use the auto switching feature, when I give focus to the game, the switch appears to activate correctly, however the mouse just acts like a regular mouse and the game keeps changing between M+KB and Controller modes. i.e when I press 'W' to move forward, game goes (correctly) to Controller input, but as soon as I move mouse, it switches back to M+KB mode. This causes mouse lockups during play.

If, instead, I manually activate the config from the ReWASD ui, then alt-tab into the game, everything works as expected, moving the mouse controls looking and does NOT switch to M+KB

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Hello!
    1. Can you switch Autodetect to your browser and check if the same issue will appear? (use this tester in order to see controller input: https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad)
    2. Send screenshots of the full reWADS window with your config on it​
    3. Please send the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.​

Comment

Hi dude,

1. In the browser, moving the mouse moves the onscreen right stick correctly. (I think). No way that I can see to check if muting is working or not.

2. Not sure what you'll gain looking at these, but here they are...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	rewasd1.png
Views:	67
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	242604 Click image for larger version

Name:	rewasd2.png
Views:	67
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	242605

3. Config 1.rewasd
      Attached Files

Comment

1. Actually, you can test it with a muted mouse(and I would appreciate it if you did), here is how: https://help.rewasd.com/faq/unmappedmouse.html
        2. You said that you are using a keyboard in the config, why then is there a controller in the group?

Comment

1. I'll get back to you on that shortly.

2. As I said it's a Wooting60HE which is an analog keyboard that presents to the system as an XBox controller. Here is the WIP mapping I'm using...

Name:	woot_ow_keys.png
Views:	62
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	242621

Comment

Am I correct to assume that the mouse pointer does not freeze when your config is applied via the [Autodetect] feature?

Also, what output device are you using? The [Magic Wand] menu should show it.

Comment

Hey there, same problem for me. I am with a XBox 360 controller and it doesn't work anymore with Rewasd since the new update. Everything was working right before. Even with no auto detect radial menu isn't showing anymore.

Comment

Hi TheRealBartos

Please send us a screenshot of the FULL reWASD window with your mappings.

Also, please send us your configuration. Right-click on the name of your config, open the file location, and send it to us.

Comment

Here.

Also, I realized that the auto detection is working. The mapping works but the radial menu doesn't show up.

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	242631

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	394.4 KB
ID:	242632

Name:	Capture3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	242633

Attached Files

Comment

Please go to Preferences in the Overlay section and make sure you have overlay enabled.

Comment

Name:	Capture4.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	242639
                      It's enabled.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Your config is set so [Radial Menu] would appear only on a double tap and hold of the bumper button made within 300ms.
                        Not tapping fast enough or releasing the button early might result in the menu not appearing.

Please ensure you have the correct monitor selected in [Radial Menu Preferences] (an option is available at the bottom of the list).

Comment

Tell me just one thing. Why was it working before the latest update ? Did something change in the way I use my gamepad ? Stop trying to find thing that doesn't exist and make me dig where there is nothing to find. There is a problem with the latest update. I told you that the mapping is working on the radial menu, it just doesn't show up anymore.

Comment

It works correctly on our side, so please follow our suggested steps to solve this issue.

Comment

I have only one monitor.

Comment

Working...
                              X