Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse - Xbox Controller X - Axis - 1) Prevent snap to center 2) Keyboard modifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse - Xbox Controller X - Axis - 1) Prevent snap to center 2) Keyboard modifier

Hi

How do I go about mapping my mouse to an XBOX Controller X-Axis with the following two teaks:

1. When moving my mouse left it must move the X-Axis toward the left - BUT when I stop moving my mouse I want the X-Axis to remain at the last position
    - I do not want it to snap to the center of the X-Axis
    - I want to map a mouse button to center the X-Axis on demand only

2. Can I also map say a keyboard button to move the X-Axis when moving the mouse
    - and another keyboard button that moves a secondary RX-Axis when moving the mouse
    - and when I have moved the secondary RX-Axis with the mouse and keyboard combo - when I press the first keyboard combo - it must start moving the X-Axis, but not mess with the RX-Axis position?

I have managed to do 1. using a free tool Virtual Controller and vJoy drivers perfectly, exactly as described in point 1. above, but now I want a modifier button that allows me to control two different X-Axis - for example left and right on a controller with one mouse - when depressing a keyboard button.

Thank you

Hey there!

In order to prevent the mouse remapped to the stick from returning to the neutral position during movement, you can use Radial Menu mode, which you can find by going to Advanced Mouse settings.

To remap a keyboard key to diagonal stick movement, you need to use the Combo feature.

Comment

Hi
      Thank you for the start, is there a video or step-by-step tutorial on how I can do this?

Comment

Unfortunately, no.

To enable the Radial Menu mode, you just need to check the box in Advanced Mouse settings.

The essence of the Combo feature operation is described in the corresponding article.

Comment

Thank you Radial mode working.
          But when I set a combo for example when pressing a specific keyboard key to move the axis x and y to their centers 0% the jump to centre but immediately snaps back to their prior location.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	36
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	242678
          why would this work but then snap the virtual x y axis back to their prior position?​

Comment

Then another strange behaviour when I use shift modifier the x and y axis snap to center position.
            in that case I do not want it to change position when going to another shift layer

Comment

That's how it should be.
              Unfortunately, with the Radial Menu mode, it's not possible to achieve the desired result.

Comment

Working...
              X